ELEVEN

"Why does everything is so doomed?" Wei MeiLan scratched her head in frustration.

She had remained inside the barrier for six days, yet she can't still achieve what she wants to do. "This stupid method keeps on crashing, is my theory wrong?"

Out of frustration, she went outside to take some time to release her thoughts. The streets are still lively as it is like nothing really had happened.

She decided to try to take a stroll and use the river as her guide to the north. She had been curious as to why her brother liked the wine in the territory of Gusu Lan Clan when there are lots in YunMeng Jiang territory.

She didn't notice that a group of men were following her until she reached the middle of the forest where Cloud Recesses is near.

Ah, shit. I didn't notice that there are people tailing me since I left my place. She cursed inside her mind.

"Can you come out already? I commend you for your stamina of chasing me until here, but I want to know your intentions as for necessary for you to follow me all along," She asked.

Several men with muscular body came out from each tree, surrounding her. One of them spoke. "You devil woman!"

Out of shock, she spoke right away. "Excuse me? I dare not to get offended, but you are plain stupid to call me devil,"

"You lead a cultivator to that barrier and it has been a week yet he hadn't come out! And now you're trying to invade his home? We won't allow you to destroy them!"

"Ok, what the hell?" She got confused more with his declarations. "You think I killed Lan Huan? Are you serious or a plain idiot? Let's say that I did kill him. How will you be able to defeat me if I can defeat a powerful cultivator, hmm?"

"You seduced the sir cultivator then you took his secrets and now you're planning to invade his place!"

The man's accusations were too unbelievable in her ears, making her laugh. "Oh goodness, this is epic! Mister, how about you apply as a comedian if they need actors? I'm sure they will accept you,"

"You vile woman! How dare you?" The man bellowed, scaring the birds.

"Oh no, you scared the birds away!"

"Die!" The man ran towards her and swung his axe. She didn't even notice that they are holding some farming tools as their weapons.

"My goodness, you people flow the fields and chop woods? No wonder you thought that an evil creature has taken over a spot in the forest," She dodged all attacks from the people and didn't dare to touch or hit them in fear of getting attacked more.

She was busy dodging them until the guy with the axe screamed. "Shoot her!"

A sound of an object flying towards her with speed made her turn towards the source and tried to evade it. She got a gash on her neck surprising her. "You're an experienced hunter, aren't —"

Numbness crept in her body, shocking her and delaying her actions. The arrow has poison, and she didn't bring any antidote with her. Her arms and body are riddled now with gashes and light stab, making her bleed.

The poison worked fast every time she dodges, and now she can't move anymore from her kneeling position. "Let's hope that the YiLing patriarch or the head of Jiang clan won't know of what you did or it might be your end,"

All she can do is speak. The pain wasn't nullified even with the numbing poison. "So you are related to that demon cultivator. We might persuade the people living there to kill that cultivator too,"

She laughed. "I doubt that if anyone dared to put their foot at the mountain, they won't be kicked out. But again, you are an idiot so you won't understand what I'm trying to say,"

"Less talk, just kill her!" A man with ploughing hoe spoke. She never understand what is inside the mind of those people who just persecuted her because of deciding to stay in that section of the forest and thought that she came to create chaos.

The man with an axe borrowed a knife from someone in their group. As he aims for her stomach, white energy sprang from their left side, stunning the group. They recovered fast and looked for the person who interrupted them. One of the guys sneaked an attack and stab her from her back, surprising her. That was the first time she was backstabbed, literally. Blood came out from her mouth as her vision went blurry but the pain from that huge wound didn't register in her mind as her world tilts slowly for her, while her breath hitched.

That scene was the one that the Lan brothers saw when they rushed out to the forest to check the noise they heard. At first, they thought it was just some corpses went wild in the forest and there are some unfortunate humans that stumbled upon them. But it turned out that a group of people decided to gang up on a woman that is defenceless.

That wisp of energy was a tracing spell, telling where the chaos occured, but Lan XiChen never thought that what he will witness will change his view with humanity.

"Wei Qing!" He pushed the crowd away from Wei MeiLan that already fell to the ground. His composure crumbled when he saw her bathing at her blood. He picked her gently and sent some spiritual energy to help her close the wounds.

"Wei Qing, please wake up!" He tapped her cheeks to wake her. "Why you didn't bring Descend along?"

"....Lan Huan?" Her glazed eyes tried to search for him.

"Let's go to Cloud Recesses. Don't speak anymore," He lifted her up slowly and returned to Cloud Recesses, leaving his younger brother deal with the people.

Lan QiRen was surprised to see his nephew bringing someone inside their place, and a woman at that. But what surprised him more that made him cough blood was her resemblance to the most annoying student he ever met: Wei WuXian.