FIFTY FIVE

Baoshan Sanren smiled gently at Lan XiChen that is being on guard.

"Relax, young one," She waved her hand towards a chair inside the room. "I only want to speak to you,"

"Esteemed Master—"

"Just call me grandmother, like she calls me too," She interrupted. "After all, you are going to be her betrothed,"

"Grandmother," Lan XiChen spoke respectfully. "May I know the reason of your surprise visitation?"

Baoshan Sanren went serious. "Before I hand her over to you, I'm going to confirm something,"

Lan XiChen got confused. Hand her over to me?

"I am not sure if you know, her mother is one of my disciples, together with Xiao Xingchen. Thus that makes her my granddaughter,"

Lan XiChen quietly waiting for her next response. He's not quite sure of her intentions, but he got an idea, at least.

"Her parents and the Jiang elders are all dead, however, I'm still the remaining relative—if not by blood—that your uncle needs to talk for your upcoming union,"

He grinned at the offer and saluted. "Thank you, grandmother!"

He hadn't mentioned anything about his surprise plan for her, but it seems like someone has already got wind of the news.

"However, I will give an assignment to you before I leave—"

"Wei Qing!" A shout from outside distracted the two of them, causing them to ran outside immediately.

When they both saw Wei ZhuanYi clutching at Wei MeiLan like she was her lifeline, face turning pale in panic, Lan XiChen went to them.

"What happened?"

"I—I don't know," Wei ZhuanYi panicked. "We-we were just talking, t-then she..."

"Oh, she's just sleeping," Baoshan Sanren interrupted. "The tea we are drinking right now is easing up someone's nerves to the point of sleeping. She'll wake in a few hours, but I highly suggest that we finish this talk before she wakes up,"

Wei ZhuanYi was confused. "What talk?"

"I believe he had been waiting for two decades, perhaps longer than that for her," Baoshan Sanren answered. "Are you willing to hand her over to him?"

"Oh! I thought it was a different thing," Wei ZhuanYi lay Wei MeiLan gently down. "So when it is? Second brother, you're quite slow in catching your woman,"

"I don't think it was the right time to ask her," Lan XiChen responded.

"Nonsense," Wei ZhuanYi dismissed Lan XiChen's reason. "Look at Jiang WanYin, already married to Lan YuXia when you guys first met before she took the Lan as her student. I know she has struggles herself, we saw it with our own eyes, she's just waiting for you to say something. Can't pick up those messages?"

"Third brother, stop teasing me,"

"This time, I'm not playing with words or teasing you. She had done a fantastic job that even when I was the Chief cultivator unable to do so. She's a Wei, but she holds the us by our neck. These two are outstanding bunch of people you'll rarely see in a lifetime,"

Lan XiChen stared silently at Wei MeiLan before he spoke. "Then help me, Third brother,"

Wei ZhuanYi smiled. "Now, we're talking,"

* * * * * *

Wei MeiLan opened her eyes to see an unfamiliar ceiling. The last thing she remembered was talking with Wei ZhuanYi before losing consciousness.

"You're awake," Lan XiChen smiled at her upon within sight as she glance at her surroundings.

"It seems like I fell asleep while talking with Yao-ge. Where is here?"

"I'm here," A small voice yet relieved voice spoke from a distance. "I thought you fainted from working and going around, A'Qing. That scared me to death,"

"The tea works well to every cultivating women if they want to get some sleep, I'll give the list to your husband later,"

Husband? Wei MeiLan wondered.

"Well, our discussion ends here, I assume it will be done in a few days. I cannot sty tht long in a certain place unless needed to," Baoshan Sanren interjected.

"You three are talking about something I'm not aware of, care to tell me?" Wei MeiLan asked.

Wei ZhuanYi smiled. "It's a secret for now, you'll know about that in a few days' time,"

"If you weren't my brother I'll try to peek out," Wei MeiLan sighed. "So my abduction is not stressful at all, just grandmother giving me a rest I've never had in my entire life and a heart-to-heart talk with you people, perhaps?"

"Well..." Wei ZhuanYi answered hesitantly. "Sounds like that?"

"Whatever you guys discussed, you make sure it's not something I'm gonna get angry, alright?"

"Ah, you offend us, little one," Baoshan Sanren chuckled. "I merely encourage your husband here to do something to prove his worth,"

Wei MeiLan isn't that dumb to know who she's pertaining to, but she's confused as to why Baoshan Sanren is calling Lan XiChen as her husband when they are not wedded yet.

"Anyway, I will stay here for a week, and I hope everything is in order,"

Lan XiChen saluted. "Yes grandmother, I will make sure of that,"

"Add me to that one also," Wei ZhuanYi added. "Actually, add all boys to this, they won't decline this favor,"

"You people are technically leaving me behind with your discussion, so—"

"No, that tea will also block you to see the future ahead, so you won't know what we are talking about," Baoshan Sanren spoke immediately.

"Right," Wei MeiLan murmured. "If you guys are messing around, you'll get an earful to me, are we clear?"

"We swear that we are not messing around here, A'Qing," Wei ZhuanYi swore. "It's for your own benefit, what we are doing right now,"

"Yeah, sure. We'll see about that in a week,"

Wei ZhuanYi grinned at Lan XiChen who sighed in relief as Baoshan Sanren chuckled at the dismissal of thought by Wei MeiLan.

After all, they want to surprise a person who's casually peeking at future like watching a ridiculous show inside her head without anyone noticing that she's already aware of your next plan.