THIRTY

Jiang WanYin wished that Wei MeiLan was kidding, that she will say that she's just pranking him that she doesn't recognise him. But her face says she's serious.

"S-second sister...it's me, A'Cheng. Y-you really don't remember anything?" Jiang WanYin looked like a defeated person.

"A'Cheng? What's that?" Wei MeiLan's memory is empty. "What's my name? Do I have one?"

Her last question broke down his hopes. " Y-you are named Wei Qing. But your courtesy name is Wei MeiLan."

"I have two names? That's nice. But why am I here? What is this place?"

"This is your home; you live here." Jiang WanYin explained.

"I live here, but I don't remember anything. Did something happened to me?"

"Someone attacked the village you created near the YiLing mountain, and we found you all bloodied and wounded. We don't know who attacked you, but you were keeping guard of an important item."

"Qing-jie, you're awake!" A voice spoke as the door to the room opened, revealing a young man with a rich noble man aura around him. He stride towards her and smiled. "I knew it, you won't leave us!"

"Leave you? Who are you?" Wei MeiLan is surprised to see another person calling her sister so comfortably.

"HuaiSang, we need to talk," Jiang WanYin dragged Nie HuaiSang out of the room. "Second sister, take a rest. I'll call someone to send the doctor and food."

He didn't let the two people to speak and left the room with the other guy. He dragged him towards the hall, away from everyone. "Second sister lost her memory. She doesn't remember anyone, even her own name."

"Wait, what? She doesn't remember us? What should we do? Is she dying? She can't die, right?" Nie HuaiSang panicked.

"She won't die. I think it's because she got a wound on her head that's why this happened. Don't tell anyone about this. Just tell them that she's not awake yet that's why I forced you to return. Can you do that?"

"I won't tell anyone, I swear. But how long we should hide this?"

"I don't know. Many people will try this chance to do something. For now, just maintain it that way."

A doctor rushed over to check he wounds and her condition. As what everyone didn't expected, she lost her memory. Lan YuXia almost cried upon hearing the news that her Master lost her memory.

"Master, please don't worry. We know you will get back your memories back," Lan YuXia sat up at the edge of Wei MeiLan's bed. "I already gave the item to Hanguang-Jun, you can ease up your worries."

"What item? Is it important?" Wei MeiLan asked. "If it's important, then it's good that you have given it, right?"

Loss of memory was painful for Wei MeiLan. No matter how hard she tried to recall something, even the walls of the room where she's currently staying, it's blank. Perhaps her brain wants her to forget something painful and disappointing that's why she felt lost.

"Master, you don't need to worry for now. Let's try to chill out and check the stalls? I'm sure you'll enjoy it." Lan YuXia offered.

"Oh, sure," Wei MeiLan gets up from her bed. "What should I bring? Do we need something?"

Her dark blue hanfu has been left in the Lotus Pier many years ago after settling down to her new home. Now, she'll be able to use it now that her all clothes were buried from the rubble of her home.

The stalls at Lotus Pier is lively; under the leadership of Jiang WanYin, little to no problems occur around the Yunmeng, thus it's quite peaceful. People has little worries as to what had transpired to Wei MeiLan, but on the other side of the river, people who were under the wings of Wei MeiLan are worried for her. They have no news as to what happened at her, and Nie HuaiSang never spoke a word about her condition. He rarely comes to Lotus Pier to check on her.

The plausible reason they think is something happened to Wei MeiLan and she hadn't woke up yet. But all they need to do is to be strong for Wei MeiLan.

"It's a good thing that you're awake already, Wei Qing," A masculine with tender voice spoke from behind. A man in light blue robes was looking at her in relief and happiness. "How are you now? Is it good for you to come out with your wounds?"

Wei MeiLan was stunned. To see an ethereal man looking at him with relief and worry isn't part of her plans today. To her confusion, he even called her to her courtesy name which is exclusive to her only relative. "Who-who are you, esteemed sir? Do you know me?"

Surprise flashed in the man's eye then looked at Lan YuXia who's shaking her head.

Lan XiChen smiled painfully back at Wei MeiLan. "You'll remember me soon. But I hope you can forgive me. I didn't mean for this to happen."

"ZeWu-Jun, what are you doing here?" Jiang WanYin interrupted Wei MeiLan who's about to ask what Lan XiChen means. "I thought I already told you to stay away from my sister. You cannot visit her."

"I wasn't planning to visit her, I coincidentally saw her here. I think it's not bad to check up on her, but it seems like we have some problems." Lan XiChen answered.

"Yes," Jiang WanYin answered. "But you are not involved with it. I already asked you to stay away from second sister. This is what happened when you refused her. You won't be able to correct your mistake and the pain you caused on her."

"I know I hurt her," Lan XiChen bitterly answered. "But it's unintentional. We didn't mean to—"

"It already occured, ZeWu-Jun," Jiang WanYin interrupted. "Your apology won't be enough. Second sister doesn't remember even her own name because of your refusal. It almost costed her life too. What should we do? Go to Gusu Lan and demand for remuneration for what happened to her? Second sister will not allow me to do that, so stay away from her. You've already hurt her enough."

Jiang WanYin grabbed Wei MeiLan gently. "Let's go home, second sister."

"But we hadn't bought any nice yet." Wei MeiLan said.

"We will return next time. For now, you need to rest for a bit. You can't stray off too far for long, your head wounds aren't healed completely." Jiang WanYin dragged her gently away from the crowd while Lan YuXia saluted at Lan XiChen.

"Master Lan, I'm sorry for saying this, but I think Sect Master Jiang is right. Please don't come here for the meantime. Master can't even recall anything, which is kind of sad. Sect Master Jiang doesn't want her to get hurt again after that event," Lan YuXia said.

"As much as this saddens us all, but I think she needs time to recuperate. She had done much for us, so I think she needs this break. That forgetting her own name will be fine. After all, her name carries some weight too. Please excuse me, Master Lan."

Lan YuXia left Lan XiChen at the crowd as she followed her master and Jiang WanYin to return to their residence.