EIGHTEEN

Wei MeiLan didn't woke up. Out of frustration and fear, Lan XiChen decided to bring her back to Cloud Recesses and asked for help to his uncle as he tried to look for his brother. No sooner he found the two in both worse state, Lan WangJi trying to help Wei WuXian but the latter is rejecting his help.

In the end, all things that Wei MeiLan feared happened while she's on coma. Lan WangJi was punished for siding with her brother and Wen siblings trying to save Wei WuXian.

Jiang WanYin went to Cloud Recesses to take her back to Lotus Pier, but Lan XiChen tried to stop him. "You and the Wei siblings have no relation or whatsoever after of what happened. Clan Leader Jiang, Wei Qing is my responsibility,"

"Second sister shouldn't be involved with your matters; based on your current status, Second Young Master must've been punished. Even though that my second sister protected the Lan brothers and gave you some boost, it doesn't mean that you must take her away. I will take care of her until she recovers," Jiang WanYin sternly said.

Lan XiChen is currently hesitating. His brother needs him, but Wei MeiLan needs him too. The options are quite heavy this time.

"Second sister won't blame you, in fact she might insist on letting her on her own. She will tell you to prioritize the family. She doesn't want you to owe her that much. So Young Master Lan, let me bring second sister home," Jiang WanYin saluted.

In the end, Lan XiChen gave Wei MeiLan to Jiang WanYin. And even Lan YuXia to help the latter. "A'Xia is her first student. She can help you taking care of Wei Qing,"

Wei MeiLan taking up a disciple from Gusu Lan Clan is a surprise for Jiang WanYin. Perhaps the reason was his dedication on rebuilding the Lotus Pier made him busy not to check up on his now remaining alive sister.

"Second sister, please wake up. Eldest sister is now gone, Wei Ying is still missing. You're the only one remained and Jin Ling. Please help me,"

His begging voice made Wei MeiLan woke up from her nightmares. She's still unable to get used with death, it's an eerie feeling yet a tranquil one. When she saw Jiang YanLi as a cold corpse in Wei WuXian's arms, she knows that that was it.

"I-I'm s-sor-ry, A'C-cheng," She weakly replied. "I c-can only p-prot-tect y-you. J-jie-"

Jiang WanYin held her reaching hand. "Second sister, don't say that. You've done everything you can for us. Don't degrade yourself because of that. If anything, we should be thankful. Everything you've done behind the doors was for the sake of the Clan,"

Wei MeiLan tried to sit up and drink water as Jiang WanYin assisted her. "I still have things to do. My brother's fate is already sealed when he decided to do that, please don't blame him when the truth comes out,"

"What do you mean, second sister?"

"It's not time for you to know it, A'Cheng. My brother will tell that to you. It's not my position to which I should say about his decisions and matters.

"Jiejie is gone; but I will my promise to take care of our little nephew. I don't want another poor soul be entangled with this mess we are in," Wei MeiLan said. "A'Cheng, be the best clan leader than Uncle Feng has been. Make sure that no one will be aggrieved nor be arrogant enough that we need to clean up after their mess. Do you understand?"

"I promise, second sister," Jiang WanYin resolutely said. "I'll make sure that no one will step on us under my leadership. But please don't leave me, not until things aren't settled yet,"

She chuckled. "What a silly young man. Chin up, Jiang WanYin. You are the new Clan Leader and Master of Yunmeng Jiang Clan. Your decision will be the decision of the clan. Be strong. I'll be right behind to assist you. I will break Aunt Yu's wishes for me and will help you prosper the clan,"

"Second sister, you don't need to do much," Jiang WanYin said. "As long as you are fine, that's all what matters to me,"

"Are you belittling your sister?" She asked back. "When you and A'Ying are still being a naughty boys back then, who do you think cleans up your messes? Just let me do my part to help you, it's no harm right?"

"But, then why you didn't stayed here when we revived the Lotus Pier? And why does Young Master Lan took care of you more often? Do you not need our help?"

"Silly boy," she poked Jiang WanYin's nose. "Lan Huan and his brother helped me when some ordinary people ambushed me at the foot of Cloud Recesses back then. I forgot to bring Descend back then because of many thoughts in my mind,"

"No, I'm not talking about that. When Hanguang-Jun took Wei Ying away from Nightless city after you protected us, ZeWu-Jun also took you away. Everyone was confused as to why he took you back to Cloud Recesses and he refused anyone to come near you,"

She flinched at the curiosity in the voice of Jiang WanYin. "Eldest sister might be average in cultivation, but she's way smarter that our little Cheng, don't you think so?" She patted Jiang WanYin's head gently. "If you have someone you love, and she's in danger or hanging from death after a traumatic experience and seeing some people that is barely acquainted to you comes to take or see her. And those people might or might not be the reason as to why it happened to her, what will you do?"

Jiang WanYin knitted his eyebrows. "Of course I won't let them touch her or take her away from me..."

"Well, that's the answer to your question, our little Cheng," She chuckled.

His confused expression was brightened then went gloomy again, causing Wei MeiLan to laugh weakly.