SIXTEEN

Wei MeiLan knows who are the people who messed up with her when Yu ZiYuan was still around. After collecting them, she found out that one of the person was the man whom destroyed her plan for her Aunt Yu for the night hunt. Several lives were taken because of the sabotage.

Turns out that her efficient plans were a praiseworthy enough to get attention from well-known cultivators, which is was the job of that man.

Li ChangJin.

It was rumored that this guy was related to the fallen Wen Clan. Since it's based on a rumor, no one can prove if it's the truth. Some say that he's from a branch family of Jin clan, and disguised so that he can do what he wants, without any clan or rule restricting him.

Those rumors are enough for her. She knows that Li ChangJin has a master that is serving, and he's a mere pawn who thinks highly of themselves.

"Why does this idiot likes to cross me and drain out my patience? I didn't do anything to aggravate him but he's a persistent little one," She mumbled.

Her decision was to hunt the person to find out the truth, but it was postponed when she heard the news that Jiang YanLi's husband was killed by her brother at the ceremony.

She rushed to YiLing mountain to know what had happened, but Wei WuXian had shut her out. She asked Wen Qing to take care of her idiot brother for a bit for she will talk to someone.

"Meng Yao! You—" Wei MeiLan screamed as she barged to Golden Unicorn Tower. "Where the hell are you? Show your stupid face right now!"

The guards followed her as she stopped at the stairs, glaring at the person whom she's looking for. "I won't call you in your new name, you slinthead," She started to spoke. "But dare to cross me and my brother,

"Dare to fool my soulmate,

"Dare to manipulate my family with your sweet words,

"And I swear to my mother's grave, I'll make sure that your ending won't be the one you want. If Jin ZiXuan didn't heed with my warning, he knows what will happen to him.

"And now, it's your turn and your accomplices. If you dare try pushing your plan, you better pray that I'm still busy when you're facing your worse fear or you won't like it.

"This isn't an empty threat. I suggest you halt at once,"

"Young Lady Wei," Jin GuangYao spoke, smiling with confusion. "Please be mindful with your words; my brothers died from your brother's hands. Also, your—"

"Don't start with your misdirection fiasco with me," She snarled. "I know you will mention JieJie, so don't start. She knows well my temper than my brother to me. If my brother might be wallowing in guilt and confusion, I have the fathomable idea of what had transpired,"

Wei MeiLan's iris were glowing gold, rousing the curiosity of Jin GuangYao. "Young Lady Wei, your eyes are glowing gold. Are you —"

She didn't let him speak further when she turned around. "Spending a minute with you sends chill in my arms,"

"Are you related to Gusu Lan Clan, Young Lady Wei? Or perhaps that your soulmate is in Lan Clan?" Her black hanfu glowed with the Lan Clan symbol when the sunlight hits the brocade.

Lan XiChen saw that Wei MeiLan barged in and was looking for his sworn brother and how she threw her anger. He never expected that the straightforward woman like her that never got angry even at the most stupid student when teaching is currently scolding someone that has been cultivating along with him. Her usual cold eyes are now glowing with golden energy, almost boiling.

He was about to call out on her when she mentioned the word soulmate in front of Jin GuangYao, stopping him in his tracks. And the fact that she's wearing the clothes he gave to her, made him happy inside.

But one question remained in his mind. Why did she seek out of his third brother than her twin brother?

"Whoever or wherever my soulmate is, you don't need to know," She said. "Whether I glow with every colors possible, it's useless for you. But if you get in my way, even as a Jin won't save you from me,"

She flicked her hand, and the people surrounding her was sent flying away from her. She didn't even threw a glance towards Lan XiChen, nor asked some help. She bravely barged her way in, and did the same when she left.

Her action reached the ears of Jiang siblings, asking her to come to Lotus Pier. Jiang YanLi, holding a small bundle of clothes, walked towards Wei MeiLan to show what's inside the bundle of clothes in her arms.

When she took a peek, a small squirmy creature is nestled inside the clothes. Jiang YanLi looks pale, but she still smiled. "A'Qing, look at my A'Ling. Isn't he a precious one?"

"J-jieJie, don't give that little thing to me. I might—I might accidentally drop or squeeze it to death," Jiang YanLi is offering her to hold the child.

"Don't be silly; here, hold him there and wrap your other arm here. See, you won't be able to drop him," Wei MeiLan followed her instructions on holding a baby, but she's still afraid of accidents.

"What did my stupid brother gave for his name?" She asked as she stared at the child in her arms.

"Jin Ling, with a courtesy name of Jin RuoLan. He chose a very good name," Jiang YanLi smiled.

"Not bad," She blurted. "He has weird ways of naming things. I'm glad he took it seriously this time,"

"Well then, A'Qing," Jiang YanLi changed the topic. "You are wearing a black hanfu with Lan Clan symbol. Is it what I'm thinking, right?"

Wei MeiLan stared back at her. "What are thinking right now?"

"Which person with surname Lan is your other half?" Jiang YanLi started to ask. "Did the Young Masters and Master Lan approved of that? Have you told them? How did you get those clothes on different color?"

"JieJie," Wei MeiLan was literally thrown off with the barrage of questions. "Really? When did you learned to gossip?"

"A'Qing, don't be like that," Jiang YanLi said. "The last time, you only said that he's from Lan Clan. And now, look at you, you got their robes fixed for your color preference, when it's always blue and white,"

"I got this clothes because I stayed at Cloud Recesses for a month before I returned to my home," She started explained in a low voice so that the child in her arms won't wake up. "Elder Lan has the approval of those clothes when I accidentally blurted that I want a different color of robes. So they gave me some the next day. But if you want to know who he is, I guess that will be soon..."