EPILOGUE

Many years later.

"Ma!"

A young boy screaming while running around in glee, wearing light blue robe that is flinging around him every step forward.

Behind him is another boy that is wearing a white one walking towards the direction that the other boy is running to.

"Yue! Yang! What is it?" A woman's voice spoke inside the house.

"Uncle Ying and Uncle Zhan is here!" The boy in blue robes answered.

"Is that so? Have you told your father?"

"Pa told us to rely the message to you," The boy in white answered.

"Hmm, ok then. Will one of you wait for me here and the other one go back to your father?"

No one spoke for a while.

"Yang, can you accompany your father?"

The boy in blue robes hesitated. "O-okay, Ma,"

"My Yang is really a good boy, Yue can you come here?"

The boy in white walked inside the house to see his mother wearing blue and black robes with their clan symbol shimmering.

Wei MeiLan is currently making salves and pills. The medicinal scent is wafting inside the house in gentle wisps.

"Ma," Yue sat in front of her as he stared at those bottles and containers. "You do not want to go out?"

Wei MeiLan smiled at him. "Ma is lazy to come out, can you stay with me here?"

"I won't mind. I guess it's better than chasing Yang all day?"

Wei MeiLan chuckled. "You sound like your Uncle Zhan when he was young. What do you want to do today with Ma?"

"Can you play your guqin, Ma?"

She pushed her work away from the table and put the guqin. It has thin gold strings that has a mellow tone everytime it was plucked. "You never get tired asking me this, hm?"

"Pa is good with flute only, but you use every instruments well. Can you teach me?"

"Hmm," She pretended to think. "Let's see. What do you want to learn?"

Yue gestured at the guqin in front of them. Wei MeiLan patted a space beside her to urge her son to sit with her.

"For starters, I don't want to let you touch this as this is a spiritual instrument. But I always make exemption to everything,"

Yue listened intently to his mother as she guided him to use the guqin. Every touch, flick and hums, he made sure to not to miss anything.

They didn't even realized that the others have already heard them playing music and was attracted to the song.

"Wei Qing never fail to make me mesmerize to her songs again and again," Wei ZhuanYi answered.

"Well, it seems like someone already inherited her monstrous skills," Wei WuXian answered.

Lan Yue didn't realized that his mother already left him in his own as he continued to play with guqin.

Yang was surprised to see his quiet brother playing guqin. He already mastered the flute under his father's guidance, and thought Yue will be too.

"Do you want to accompany your brother to the song?" Lan XiChen asked.

Startled, he chose to think carefully before answering. He raised the flute that was gifted by his father secretly and put it to his lips.

Suddenly, the area turned brighter from the flow of tune of the twins. Yue kept on plucking the strings despite of surprise of music from behind.

It was a sweet melody made of pure innocence and happiness in life. One that will make someone smile even when just passing by.

After the last song, Yue and Yang realized that they managed to finish a song.

"It wasn't that difficult, right?" Wei MeiLan grinned.

The twins looked at her who's grinning lazily. "Now, this is what a real twin of Lan clan is. Remember that feeling, boys. Only you two can create that,"

"Ma!" Both boys hugged her that made her stumbled.

"Ow! Ah, you boys are being clingy right now—"

Lan XiChen plucked the boys away from her gently. "Your Ma is pregnant with your sister or brother, don't cling too much, alright?"

"This is your fault actually, you know? You're not happy having two at the same time, you even want another one? Your audacity—"

Wei MeiLan is four months pregnant with unknown gender and unknown quantity of baby inside. She has a high possibility of having twins due to being a twin also.

Which annoyed her that much.

"Your choices of words to insult me are getting worse by every day, A'Qing," Lan XiChen sighed. "You weren't like this when you're carrying our twins,"

"Indeed," Wei ZhuanYi agreed. "She's just in mood to beat someone out of daylight back then, so you prefer her beating up random people than insulting you?"

"Second brother, please stop," Lan XiChen pleaded. "You know how sharp her tongue is when she spoke,"

"But at least way better than throwing some random, who knows if it's deadly or not, things to you, right? She's way deadly with both mouth and hands so choose the mouth. Value your life,"

Wei MeiLan already ignored her husband who's talking to her brother. Wei WuXian walked to her with Lan WangJi. "You looked puffed up,"

"Yeah, no. Imagine cooped up here because I'm too lazy to move and I'm bored and just want to sleep," Wei MeiLan answered.

"Well, you're doing great here so I think that's fine?"

"Well you can go travel outside and roam around, unlike me. Can you buy me some desserts being sold outside? I'm craving for one,"

"Lan Zhan! Do we have enough founds?" Wei WuXian looked at Lan WangJi.

"En,"

"Owkhay, we'll buy one each of the desserts down there and at Yunmeng. We'll be back!"

Wei ZhuanYi smiled at her and pat her head after Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi left. "Do you want to visit the Valley?"

"Can I?"

"Of course! They all missed you. They asked me to come here and give their regards, but I prefer that you see them for yourself,"

"I would highly suggest," Lan XiChen interrupted. "That she will not go outside for the time being due to her pregnancy,"

"No," Wei MeiLan and Wei ZhuanYi chorused.

"My sister is quite emotional right now being cooped up here, not seeing people,"

"I'm getting angrier the more I see you, I'll get out here once I'm finished with my potions,"

Lan XiChen looks defeated.