SEVEN

Wei MeiLan's movements were very slow at first, making the bell produce a sound and make it echo around them. At first glance, it would look like she's only testing the dance. But as she moved her arms and feet, there's a beat playing from the bells. Those clinging noise is a song, and it can only be produced by moving. The dance was pleasing on someone's eyes, enticing you to look on her only as she move.

Lan XiChen never expected that the busybody woman that he met in some random city can dance with allure and grace. The way she twist her hips as the bell that is dangling on there makes a sound, her feet steps on the floating Descend, as she wave her arms softly like she doesn't have a bone, every turn and move as the sound follows her. He had seen some women dancing for occasions, but this is the first time he saw a dance that the song follows the dancer instead of other way around. And everytime her right hand flicks, a golden aura spreads around her. The reach is far, that even animals gets attracted. Her smile as she dance makes her look like a goddess that went down to earth just to have fun.

She kept dancing until her movements went fast, so as the song until she stopped, gasping for breath. Everyone were still stunned at the scene, not believing that it's done.

"This shit is actually draining me faster than running an errand down the mountain," She murmured. She saw her audience still staring at her, not even blinking. But she noticed that many animals came forward. And two people from different direction with same clothing pattern.

"How did you find us?" She asked Lan XiChen who's smile never fades. Causing her spectators to look where she's staring at.

"I was in a nearby branch when I heard a bell ringing. I thought at first it was a spell or some help seeking warn so I followed the source. Forgive me if it made you uncomfortable," He explained.

"Why bother apologize when you watched it until the end?" She sighed. "It's horrible, isn't it?"

"No. The Wei siblings are indeed talented and smart. I never thought that a spiritual energy can be used like that,"

"It's only an experimental one. I only tried it with animals so I don't know the effects to humans. But it looks like it's working well," She removed the bells and stored it away.

"It's a good dance; it eased my heart and removes my worries,"

"Because that's its purpose; mind and heart cleansing dance isn't refer to the person who dances it will obtain it. It aims a crowd cleansing. But it has conditions," She explained.

"So, not everyone can dance it?" Jiang YanLi asked.

Wei MeiLan grinned. "I'll make an exception. I know you are planning to dance it to a certain someone,"

Then she looked at Lan WangJi. "But I'm purely curious as to why Second Young Master Lan is here too. Am I expecting some people coming over too? Or did you followed us?"

"..."

"I knew it. Good job holding up with our conversation. Since we are all done here, I still need to continue my task tomorrow so I'm leaving now," She took the cloak from the ground and started to walk away.

A group of fireflies were following her as she left the clearing. Even the other animals are starting to leave the clearing, following her. Her figure slowly dissolves in the darkness, blending in.

******

The next day, a scream of argument and body slamming is heard in one of the tents, surprising everyone who heard the noise.

When everyone rushed in, they saw a kneeling Jin ZiXuan with blood trail from his mouth and Wei MeiLan with a deadly glare while holding a piece of music sheet. "I don't care what musical instrument you want to use, you must memorize this with your goldfish brain,"

The insult is quite offending to the person who is being insulted, but it was funny to watch for her brothers. "If you think that because Aunt Jiang is gone, you're going to upgrade your stinky attitude to my sister. If she ever receive grievances from you, I'm going to cut your third leg,"

All spectators paled from the warning. Beside from being a cultivator, that thing down there is one of their pride as a man. "Dare to cross me, that kick would be the lightest hit you will receive from me. If my brother can punch you, I can break your bones no matter how you fortify it with your cultivation,"

"Wait, you're that person?!" Jin ZiXuan asked. "The rumoured 'Black Greed' of Yunmeng Jiang Clan?"

"..."

"Is that you?"

"Is my title even important with this shit?"

Jin ZiXuan didn't answered.

"Don't heed my warning, and you'll see yourself walking using your hands,"

She put the paper in the nearest table and glowered back at Jin ZiXuan. "I'm expecting you to master this before your wedding because this is my gift to you,"

"What kind of shitty gift is this?"

She had walked away already from him when he spoke, so she tilted her head towards him. "You might even thank me when you find out what is that,"

The crowd parted, giving way to her as she left the vicinity. Some female cultivators were amazed with her bravery to stand up against a young master of a well known clan. But 'Black Greed' was another matter to know.

"Who would've thought that my sister can instill fear with that ridiculous name?" Wei WuXian snickered. "I should have made one for myself."

Jiang WanYin glared at him. "Dream on. Second sister is way proficient than you in mastery of weapons, you can't even wield a whip properly without injuring yourself,"

A low chuckle from Lan XiChen is heard behind them. The two greeted him as he greeted them with a smile. "So your sister is a handmaiden, or an assassin?"

"She's a handmaiden of Eldest sister and main disciple of my mother, ZeWu-Jun," Jiang WanYin answered. "Her task is to mainly follow my mother's orders and keep my sister safe, but she's doing things to the extreme again,"

Lan XiChen smile and his curious eyes lit something in Wei WuXian. "Do you fancy my sister, ZeWu-Jun? She might have a sharp tongue, at least it's not flowery to fool others. Also, she called you 'smiling idiot' so I think you're good,"

Lan XiChen laughed. "Are you selling off your sister? But she's an interesting one, truth to be told,"

"By any chance, did you guys had met somewhere?"

"Well, yes. She helped me in my night hunt, or shall we say that she finished my work within 30 minutes the moment we stepped insider the forest," He admitted.

Wei WuXian and Jiang WanYin can't help but laugh at the situation that Lan XiChen explained to them that day.