THIRTEEN

Wei MeiLan stared with disbelief at the clothes before looking at Lan YuXia. "A'Xia, did you tell this smiling idiot?"

Lan YuXia shook her head. "No, Miss Wei. I only told Master Lan,"

"Wait, what?" Wei MeiLan is trying to register that fact in her mind. "You still told someone? A'Xia, you shouldn't have told them, it's kind of embarrassing to ask much to your benefactor,"

"We are no benefactor to you, Wei Qing. And you know what I mean," Lan XiChen explained while smiling.

"Is hitting someone still violates a rule here in Cloud Recesses?" She asked Lan YuXia. "If not, let me hit this smiling idiot just once,"

Lan XiChen's actions left her baffled, only trying to hit him was inside her mind when he said those words.

Lan YuXia chuckled. "Fighting is not allowed, so I guess hitting him is included too?"

"If he doesn't hit me back, then its not considered as fighting," Wei MeiLan answered. "Come here Lan Huan, let me hit you just once. I'm itching to do that since you came to my house. I promise you won't spit blood or get a fracture or bruise,"

Her way of asking to hit him makes him laugh. "You can hit me all you want if you stayed here in Cloud Recesses permanently. For now, take a rest and these clothes were remodeled according to your clothes that you often wear,"

Lan YuXia took the clothes away and hid it somewhere inside the room. "I heard you're cooking. Can I have some?"

Wei MeiLan huffed in annoyance. She can't refuse his request but she does not know why. "Fine. You can have some since I'm preparing one for lunch. And I'm warning you, don't you dare abuse,"

"Of course, A'Qing. I won't dare," Lan XiChen's smiling face says otherwise compared to his speech, baffling her again with the shamelessness of the man.

Meanwhile, Lan YuXia was chuckling quietly at the side as she look at Lan XiChen and Wei MeiLan having a one sided bickering. Lan XiChen might be gentle amd always smiling to others, but he's being a shameless person towards Wei MeiLan. If she dared to try say it to others, no one will believe her unless they see it with their own eyes.

When the meal was prepared, they ate altogether like a family sharing one table for a meal. "A'Xia, shouldn't you be training today? I told you to not neglect your studies, I'm fine being alone caring myself,"

"Miss Wei, I'm sorry I can't do that. Master Lan already arranged my schedule, so I need no worry for the lessons,"

"Is that so? Then, if you need help with your lessons, I think I can help you. Only if you want,"

"You're planning to stay here, Miss Wei?" Lan YuXia is delighted to know that she will stay for a bit.

"Lan Huan will plot to delay my leave," Wei MeiLan answered as she stared at Lan XiChen. "I will stay here until I'm fully healed so he won't have any reason to not letting me leave,"

Wei MeiLan wasn't planning to stay longer than a month at Cloud Recesses, so she meditates everyday to make sure that the wound is fully healed and be able to move well.

After two weeks of recuperation, Wei MeiLan used the backyard of the room to train with a bo staff. Her moves aren't stiff or lousy. It's soft and graceful, enough to think that she's just dancing, not planning to kill someone.

Lan YuXia is watching her every move as she swing the staff with seriousness on her face. After an hour, she stopped and smiled at Lan YuXia. "A'Xia, do you need something?"

"Well," Lan YuXia hesitated. "Can you teach me how to use a staff? Your moves are so graceful, smooth and soft, like a water in a stony creek flowing softly at rocks, caressing every stone they pass through,"

"Are you sure? Your Gusu Lan Clan uses sword and musical instruments only,"

"But I heard from Young Master Lan that you can wield different weapons and can dance too. Is the Yunmeng Jiang Clan uses the same weapon as you?"

"Majority of cultivators uses sword as their primary weapon, except the Nie Clan. I use a different weapon because that's what I wanted. As for you, I can teach you some of the forms I made for myself when I'm practicing sword. How about that?"

Lan YuXia smiled. She knows that she's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but someone offered to help her study. "Thank you, Miss Wei!"

Wei MeiLan chuckled. "You're a nice person, of course I will help you in any ways that I can,"

The first weapon that Wei MeiLan held first was a knife. Ever since that event that almost took their lives, she learned how to use a knife. A small blade enough to kill someone in defense or in need.

Those ferocious dogs forced her to wield a blade and changed her views. It didn't matter if the food they eat isn't suitable for their body, as long as its food, they will grab it. The tides was reversed when Jiang FengMian came and brought them home to Lotus Pier.

"A'Xia," Wei MeiLan called out to Lan YuXia. "I can only teach you how to wield the sword with my methods, it requires flexibility of your wrist and strength of your legs. Your Lan Clan focuses on the strength of your arms, not flexibility. I hope you can integrate it well to attain a better swordsmanship,"

"Miss Wei, thank you so much! I will keep this and pass it on my descendants," Wei MeiLan is shocked at the enthusiasm that Lan YuXia shows on her. Usually they abide on 'no excess' and 'no wrongdoings' of the sect. When Lan YuXia recited the rules in front of her, she decided to summarize it so that she won't worry which rule she had violated unconsciously.

"It's alright A'Xia. But for now, I think I need to talk to that smiling idiot," She cannot withstand the shamelessness of Lan XiChen of eating together with her when he has his own meals.