Andrew Shaw Retirement

Andrew Shaw announced today that he will be retiring from the NHL. Doctors have strongly suggested that after many concussions it would be the best thing for Shaw to retire. 

Shawzy has some very memorable plays and moments from his career. Including the goal scored off his head. Shaw was an amazing player to watch who never ceased to amaze and entertain. He was an aggressive player which is a huge part of what made him so fun to watch. 

He was nicknamed "The Mutt". But he was loyal and willing to do anything for his team and for a win. And he certainly did that. He's got two Stanley Cups to prove it. 

He was a huge part of the "glue guys" of the Chicago Blackhawks, a tightly-knit group. He was loud and played pranks on his team mates once in awhile but it was all a part of his amazing personality. He'll still be in the league doing something even if it isn't playing the game, we all can count on that. Because Andrew Shaw does not quit, ever. 

It is sad to see that we won't get to watch one of our favorites on the ice anymore but we know it's best for his health and safety. 

The chatty number 65 will always have a place in Chicago and hockey hearts throughout the entire NHL.

We will miss you so much Shawzy!