Training Camp Answers: Anaheim

This is one question that needs to be answered in training camp before the season starts. This will be done by division starting in the pacific with the Anaheim Ducks. 

Will there young forwards produce? 

With the number 3 pick in this years draft the Ducks took Mason Mctavish. In the 2019  draft they took Trevor Zegras with the 9th overall pick. There is a number of young players including, Mctavish in the coming years. But this year there are players who have alredy established themselves in the NHL, Zegras, Comtois, Terry, and Drysdale on the blue line. 

The Ducks have themselves players getting older such as their captain Ryan Getzlaf (36). The younger players have to take the reigns. Trevor Zegras showed great promise with his rookie season this past year. In 24 games played he had 3 goals and 10 assists. 13 points in 24 games. 

Training camp will hold some answers of where these young guys fall in the lineup and if they have a permanent spot on the starting roster. I don't think a guy like Jamie Drysdale is one you have to worry about too much now entering his second season. He is solid on the blue line and in his 24 games played he had 3 goals and 8 assists, just two less than his forward teammate, Zegras.