Miles Wood is Back

New Jersey Devils forward Miles Wood is making his season debut tonight against the Montreal Canadiens. 

The 26 year old forward had surgery in early November due to a hip injury. He suffered the injury in a pre game season in October against the Washington Capitals. The surgery fixed a torn labrum in his right hip. It has been a long road to recovery but the day has finally arrived. 

Wood is a key piece to the Devils lineup. He most commonly is on the wing alongside Mike McLeo and Nate Bastian who he found great chemistry with last season. He brings a lot of speed and physicality to the lineup. 

Last season Wood tied Pavel Zacha for the Devils lead in goals with 17. Not only is he consistently bringing the physical aspect but he is bringing the scoring as well. 

With tonight being his first game back some obvious questions remain. Such as is he going to be as physical as he typically is or is he gonna play a more reserved game? Where in the lineup is he going to fall and will it be with McLeod and Bastian? Wood was one of the top forward minutes alongside Hughes and Hischier. So will he have as many? I can't imagine so, it seems to me that that will be something that he eases into as the remainder of the season unfolds. 

I am more than excited to see this key piece of the Devils offense and defense return to the lineup in hopes for a win at home.