NHL Update July 28

Here are some of the biggest news that has happened recently regarding contracts and pending UFA and RFA's.

New Deals
- Connor Garland signed a 5 year $24.75 million contract with Vancouver after being traded from Arizona. He has an Average annual value of $4.95 million.
- Paul Stastny signed a one year $3.75 contract with Winnipeg. The 35 year old center is staying in Winnipeg for another season.
-Sam Bennett signed a four year contract with the Panthers. The 25 year old forward would have been a restricted free agent today. He was the center on the line with Huberdeau and Hornqvist/Tippett.
-Pavel Buchnevich agreed to a four year $23.2 million contract with the Blues after recently being traded there from the Rangers. The 26 year old would have been a RFA today.
-Joel Armia of the Canadiens is staying. He signed a four year $13.6 contract, now having an AAV of $3.4 million. He would have been an unrestricted free agent today.
- Alex Ovechkin did it again. He signed a 5 year $47.5 contract on Tuesday. He has an AAV of $9.5 million. He is the face of the franchise and has been since 2005. He's here to stay forever.
-One that many people were concerned about was Gabriel Landeskog. Well he signed an eight year contract with the Avalanche. As many know, he would have been a UFA today. He's there captain and it fits that he now has a long term deal where he belongs.

Buy Outs
-Braden Holtby will have his contract bought out by Vancouver. The 31 year old will become a UFA today. There have been teams who want him. He has that strong work ethic and has a Stanley Cup Championship under his belt. Vancouver has their number one goalie in Thatcher Demko.
-Martin Jones will have his contract bought out by the Sharks. The 31 year old will also become a UFA today. This past season he shared the net with three other goalies, one being Devan Dubnyk. The Sharks GM said this was a tough decision that had to be made.

Top UFA
-Dougie Hamilton.
-Phillip Grubauer
-Zdeno Chara
-Nick Foligno
-Ryan Getzlaf
-David Krejci
-Zach Parise
-Ryan Suter
-Corey Perry
-Frederik Andersen
-Petr Mrazek
-Linus Ullmark