CAN WE MEET?

"I'm sorry," you muttered with a broken voice and ran outside. Eunji looks at Jungkook with a confused face as he fixes his coat before running behind you.

"Y/n!!" He called but you were fast enough to enter the elevator. You press the switch and tap continuously on the 'close ' button not wanting to see his face. Tears streamed down your face even when you knew you both didn't have anything.

"Listen to me, y/n!!" He yells calling you out. He did see your red face covered with tears stains but by the time he reaches the elevator the door closes. He groans aggressively, kicking the wall beside it.

"Argh!!" He grits his teeth while ruffling his hair. Eunji reaches the man as she furrows her brows thinking what must be the reason behind his aggression.

He didn't love you nor he wants to get married to you then why was he getting affected by seeing you like this?

You step out of their company and start walking towards the bus stop. At last, the cascade of tears stopped and your breathing was starting to get normal. Your phone starts ringing as you get on the bus. Seeing caller id you pick it up.

"Y/n, where are you?" Your dad asks.

"I'm out for some work dad, what happened?" You ask wiping the lone tear.

"Are you okay, you sound different?" He interrogates as you bite your lips before answering.

"Everything is good, dad. What's wrong?" You ask again.

"Bring some groceries for tonight. I'm not feeling well so I couldn't walk up to the store," he says and worries start taking over you.

"Are you okay? It isn't serious, is it? I'm on my way, get ready we'll get a check-up done, okay? And don't forget to take your file I'll be there..." he cuts you off.

"Stop worrying about me honey, I said I'm fine. It's just a little uneasiness in the chest," he assures but the growing anxiety in you wasn't trusting his words. You both end the call and you close your eyes to ignore everything around you for a few minutes.

Your phone rings again and you frown seeing the caller Id. To be more specific you were disgusted seeing the name. You didn't receive it and let it go to voicemail. Reaching your home you knock on the door. Your dad opens it after a few more knocks and you enter inside.

"Jungkook called me and asked me to inform you to call him," he says taking a seat on the couch. He noticed your silence and asked you many times but you shrugged his questions saying it's about the company.

'Why you are getting affected'

'It wasn't anything neither love nor friendship then why is it impacting'

'How can you forget the words he said when you met him for the first time' you sigh after closing your file not being able to focus on anything.

"I'm heading to sleep now. Goodnight baby," your dad notified.

"Good night dad, sleep well," you replied.

You open your phone and see a few messages from him.

'I'm sorry for what happened today.'
'Y/n, I really mean it when I say sorry. Don't be mad... I don't know why you cried and reacted like that because we both know there's nothing between us, right? I know I said many times that I don't want to get married to you but in reality, I want this, please. I want to improve... I want this marriage. I promise I will try to be a little responsible and gentleman.'

Your brows crease reading the message.

'Is he Jeon Jungkook?' You wondered. You bite your lips thinking of what made him beg you to not cancel this wedding. You weren't sure if this is from him or someone else. But either way, you can't cancel this wedding now as you signed the papers now. You need to marry him and bear him.

'Can we meet tomorrow?' You typed and tapped on the send button. You wait for a few minutes and soon your phone clicks with a notification popping up. You open the message and your eyes travel around the words.

'Yeah sure. Umm... I'll be there to pick you up at three if that's fine with you?' You read and typed 'okay'. Plopping on your bed you close your eyes to sleep.

Morning comes by as you clean the house and prepare breakfast for your dad. You get ready for work by wearing a tank top with high waist jeans, you grab a cardigan.

"Bye dad," you mutter kissing his cheek.

"Eat your breakfast before running, silly child of mine,' he says.

"No, I'm not hungry, now bye. Eat well and take rest. I will do the remaining chores after returning," you tell while getting on the bicycle.

You reach the company and check the stock of the cotton and other raw materials. Learning you are running short on them you decide to call the local seller.

Your day passes by calling sellers, buyers and helping workers with the production of clothes. The clock strikes three of the afternoon as your phone starts jingling.

"Tell them that we won't pay a single penny extra for this," you inform one of the workers about the local marketer and pick up the call without checking id.

"I'm outside your office," his voice chimes in your ear as you recognised the caller.

"Give me five minutes, I'll be there," you reply and by describing the worker everything you had in your mind you walk out of your office.

Opening the car door you get inside. You put on the seat belt and stare out of the window ignoring his presence for now.

"I am sorry for..." you cut him off.

"It's my fault actually. I should have knocked on the door, I shouldn't have reacted like that," you say, passing him a forced smile as he looks at you confused.

"Are you mocking me?" He asks as you shake your head.

"Don't tell me you have fallen for me," he says with a smirk playing on his lips as you look at him with an amused look.

'His soon to be wife caught him cheating on her and this man is being a jerk again,' you thought.

"Never. I will never fall for a man like you Jeon," you answer with a straight face. He frowns and leans towards you.

"Then why aren't you ready to break this marriage, darling?"