HEARTBREAK

"Doesn't she look pretty?" Jimin's eyes adore your charming features while something burns in Jungkook's heart. 

No, only I am allowed to say that!

Controlling his veins popping up, balling his fists he looks away. 

'Control… He didn't mean it in the wrong way,' he tries to calm his nerves. Whereas Jimin didn't fail to notice that scorching gaze of your husband. And he wanted this.

He said that to get a reaction from his best friend. He wants to know if there's something in Jungkook's heart for you or not and if it's there… he wants him to confess before he loses himself.  Jimin won't be able to control himself after stepping his foot in your oceanic love, he will fail to find shore then and better was to step away before striding in. 

Your hand loses contact with his neck and falls while Jungkook doesn't fail to hold it. His gaze studies the ring decorating your ring finger as a sigh of relief washes over him. The only thing which belongs to him on you, near you. 

"I will get her to bed," Jimin suggests, making his best friend nod in agreement.

As they both settle you on your bed, Jungkook pulls the duvet over your form, making you warm. Both of them walk out by switching the lights off.

"Wanna grab a drink?" Jungkook asks, a smirk playing on his edges. Jimin slaps the younger one's arm as they head towards the bar counter in the house. 

"You know she heard your melody," Jimin giggles, teasing his friend. Jungkook nods, pouring the whiskey in two glasses. 

"And? Didn't she ask about the lyrics?" His curiosity grew. He wanted you to take interest in his life as much as he does. 

"She didn't. But I guess she considered that melody is for… umm, Sarang. And the lyrics are still remaining to be added which can raise her insecurities more, kook," he hissed, taking a sip of the sour drink. Jungkook nods, thinking a lot.

The song was for you. The essence of the music belongs to you. The lyrics which he was trying to pen were for you… just for you. He made that song after your dad's death when you two grew closer. He wants this to be his first gift for you.

Oh, how he wished to announce that everything about that song belongs to you… from the man, songwriter to the letter of the lyrics, everything.

•~🍃~•

"Good morning," his rough voice echoes through the kitchen, almost scaring you in the early morning. You turn around and threaten him with the knife for frightening you while he laughs.

"What's for breakfast?" He asks, entering inside. 

"Umm… French toast with a strawberry milkshake," you grin, being proud of yourself while he nods.

He reaches behind your figure and towers above you. He notices how you cook and how you serve the plate. You were too busy to even acknowledge his presence behind you until he rested his chin over your shoulder. Your body froze, hands falling on the counter while your breathing hitched in your guts. 

This bastard can hear my hasty heartbeats…

"You okay? You know, I like this… I like being near you. This calm aura surrounding us. Your sweet cologne steadying my worries… everything. I like everything when you are near," he blurted out, not even realizing, not even speaking what he practised tons of times in the shower. He spoke what his heart felt at the moment, truth.

And it might have taken him months or years more to confess this but hearing how you felt insecure about the song, he did it anyway. It doesn't matter if it's too early or too late… he just wants your insecurities to fade.