MY FAULT

"Kook, when did you start eating all these?" Sarang's amused voice stopped you. Your gaze moved up to look at Jungkook. 

His sight shifted to yours. While you wondered why didn't he ever tell you that he doesn't like Scallion pancakes and Kimchi toasts. His expression was unreadable. Is he thinking of dodging the question? Or is he going to accept that he doesn't like this breakfast? 

Meanwhile, Sarang regretted asking the question. She looked over at you as she realised you were hurt and somewhere waiting for Jungkook to answer.

"Aish… I'm so stupid. People change and their taste buds too, I am sorry…" she chuckles softly, leaning forward to rub your forearm gently. She really didn't mean to hurt you whereas you didn't mean to show your weakness. 

Jungkook broke the contact as he dug in his plate. He thought it wasn't important to explain something to Sarang. He thought you would understand him because whenever you made these dishes he always appreciated you and the food. He believed that you know he likes the food whereas a small explanation mattered to you. 

You sighed internally before taking your food and leaving the place.

'No way in the hell I'm going to eat with these two idiots in the house,' you mumbled, taking the steps and reaching your room. Jungkook understood that his ignorance made you upset for which he was mad at himself.

'Once a stupid always a stupid,' he curses at himself. Again, thinking that he'll make up for this later… he forgot that the later might never come.

"Sarang… years have passed and many things have changed, including me. I know you didn't mean to hurt her like that but please think before saying something like this for the next time," he insists before wiping his mouth and leaving the house. 

Sarang pouts a little while her tummy growls for food. She digs in her plate and starts eating breakfast. 

~•🍃•~

The day rolled in like usual where Jungkook attended meetings with his dad about investments in upcoming projects and his travel to Sydney for a week. Meanwhile, you were starting to indulge yourself again in the factory. You talked about the materials and the new orders placed in the company. To say you were busy the whole day won't be a lie. 

Sarang took a rest as needed and she didn't disturb you to which you were glad. You weren't in any mood to handle her or her demands. You don't even know if she's genuine or not. 

A sharp knock on the door ruins your calculations. You sigh and turn your head towards the door, looking for the person.

"Yes?" You ask and soon the door twists open revealing Jungkook still in his office outfit. You believed he arrived just now. His tie was loosely bounded around his neck while he carried his silver coat in his hand. 

You looked pretty even with the messy bun, a speck dangling on the bridge of your nose. As he remembers it's the first time he saw you wearing glasses. Your skin shines even in the dim lights, allowing him to adore you longer.  

You clear your throat waiting for him to speak. And that catches him off guard. His cheeks flush up as you see his face becoming all pinkish-red for the first time. He looks down feeling embarrassed for getting caught while staring at you. 

Did he just blush?

You couldn't help but smile in response, your heart feeling its lost warmth again. Everything would have been beautiful if you two met under normal conditions, wouldn't it be? You wouldn't have to be so protective of yourself if he didn't hurt you, right? He would have been sure about his love, wouldn't he?