LOSS

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️

Please do not read this part if mentions of death, grief triggers you. I would really not want my readers to read this part if things like these triggers them. I seriously don't mean to hurt sentiments of any reader, please do not get me wrong. And if by any chance I do, please forgive me.

~•⚜•~

"I don't make promises to break. I won't hurt you ever again, I promise. You can trust me…" you cut him off by pushing him away. Heart beated faster than ever but not in a symphony of love, in a hymn of pain. 

"Why is everything a joke for you! Jungkook let's be away… we are better off without each other. We were living our lives peacefully till now, don't ruin it. And please… don't ruin my sanity. I am already drained out with more things," his posture stiffened hearing, the soft gaze twisting to form a darker shade. He accepted and expected this. He knows he deserves every ounce of hate and anger from you, knowing every time he fcked up whenever you needed a comforting shoulder or something else. He steps back, a bitter smile playing on his edges as he draws his head lower before fleeing from the room.

Your heart tightened while your chest tugged on an unknown feeling… precisely a feeling which you were getting aware of but hated to admit.

Meanwhile, your dad heads to the bedroom as he's tired and his chest pains tonight. He wanted to inform you but seeing you crying from the small gap of the door unlocked, he understands something is wrong between you two. Thinking of not creating more mess, he heads to his bed and tries to get some sleep. He took his medicines on his own because he acknowledged you were upset with him.

But did you forget to give him his meds? No. 

Composing yourself, you check the time and curse at yourself for getting late to help your dad with medicines. As you stroll down the corridors and steps, you bring some warm water for your dad along with the new medicines packet that the doctor recommended. You knocked on his door as you waited outside.

Minutes passed, your foot hurts now by tapping continuously. Brows creased while you battled if you should barge in or not. Even though you tried to ignore the fears circling your form, you tried to stay calm. Taking deep breaths, your trembling fingers gave a knock on the door again. 

A visibly vast lump passes down your guts as you stand with your heart on your palms, pulsating louder than ever. 

"Da... Dad," you call, the strong y/n stepping down her throne. Your shaking palm engulfs the knob and holds it for a few seconds before sharp breath escapes your ribs as you barge inside. Your eyes read the whole room as they land on the bed at last. 

Sharp and hollow, noisy breathing surrounded the area. Skin which used to shine golden turned pale and purplish while beads of sweat covered the surface. His once loving and caring eyes turned glossier as he finally saw you. His shivering hand rose a little high as he signalled you to step near him. 

But did you have the courage? Did you have the strength? No.

You were frozen. Your body system failed to react and you couldn't move. The tears which rolled down earlier stayed unsettled in your eyes but they didn't fall. Everything was appearing pitched black except your dad who looked greyish highlighted. 

"Baby…" he mutters lowest, his voice gone and eventually, a tear slips from your eyes. Followed by a cascade of loud sobs and whimpers. 

"Dad," you kneel near the bed, taking his cold sweaty hands in your warmth.