UNREQUITED LOVE

3 months later

"I said I don't want to come! Why can't you understand!!" You whine, kicking the door beside your form as you stand on the doorframe of Jungkook's room.

He checks himself in the mirror, his sharp gaze then landing on you. He wore a black suit over his raven and white blended shirt and wore a ravishing tie across his neck. He parted his hair to one side, showing off his undercut on the other while his sharp jawline was decorated with a long slit of his hair. 

Adjusting his tie, he walks towards you with a strong gaze still on your small figure. As he reaches you, his strong scent hits your nose, ruining your insides and making you gulp. Wetting his lower lip, he takes a step closer to you eventually decreasing even the smallest distance. Your heart raced faster in those damn ribs while you just wished you wouldn't pass out. That would be a disaster.

"You. Are. Coming." He speaks, his long slender fingers giving a short facepalm on your temple making you groan in little pain. 

It's Jungkook's office party and he wanted to take you with him which meant he was breaking rules and allowing you into his life. As scary it sounded it wasn't real but you feared. Feared of getting hurt. 

It's been five months since your dad's death meaning the contract ended. You could have asked for divorce instead you could have filed for it… But you didn't. And you don't know why. Every time you thought of talking about it to Jungkook your tongue got twisted while your stomach did rolls and you failed to speak. But you know you gotta do it sooner before you lose your sanity.

But this man too… doesn't let you breathe alone for a second. He follows your every second, cooks for you, whines for watching movies on weekends, asks you to bake a cake for him, shares about his company and asks about your opinion. As much as you hated his presence earlier you liked his existence now, liked to see him near you… knowing he doesn't belong to you, knowing he's a womanizer and somewhere you were starting to hate yourself. Your mental peace was wrecking and he was the reason for it.

And what makes you more curious is why he is not asking for a divorce? He knows the contract ended, right? He knows that he can leave this marriage and move on as he wants then why is he still waiting and breaking rules?

You are the reason behind my madness… behind those crazy heartbeats 

"Why is my presence important? It's not like anyone knows me…" you muttered as he sighs, thinking.

"Then my presence is also not important because dad is the CEO and I'm just a mere employee…" you cut him off.

"Come on you're his son and you're going to take over the company soon," you answer while he pouts a little.

Stop looking hot and acting cute

"Hmm… that's right but you're too my wife and his daughter in law, so your presence is appreciated," he explains while you freeze.

My wife… stop before I lose

You stare blankly at him while he steps back thinking he made you uncomfortable. As he does, he looks for approval if you are attending the party with him or not. Even if he basically ordered you just a few minutes before, he won't force you if you don't want to attend in the end. 

"I…" you gulp, looking away and taking a breath before speaking up.

"I am not… Can I please join you some other time?" You ask, gathering strength while your heart beats loud against your chest.

You're my wife and your presence is appreciated. 

"Sure… if you are not comfortable right now. Okay then… I'll get going. Please lock the doors and take care," he advised, suppressing the urge to take you with him.