33

Sitting at the table together, they chatted and laughed. Jin felt the younger's presence as reassuring, he was always grateful for having him in his life. Silence was exchanged for a few minutes. "This tastes really good!" Jin commented, breaking the silence. "Can I have some?" Yoongi asked as Jin nodded, he reached out to grab some food with his chopsticks from Jin's plate. "Yeah, it is, you should try mine too." He continued, but instead of Jin, he picked up a small portion, bringing it up to Jin's lips. The latter opened his mouth as he kindly accepted the food, giving him a thumbs up with a huge smile. "I haven't had this since such a long time, the taste is still immaculate." Jin said, leading Yoongi to chuckle.

"This place brings back all the memories, I truly cherish them." Jin said, his words accompanied by a small laugh. "I do too, I mostly cherish you." Yoongi replied, the last part barely audible. Regardless, Jin managed to hear every part of it vividly, but he wasn't sure of what to say so he though of it as a friendly remark- to which he smiled at. But then, Yoongi put down his chopsticks as he put a stern yet soft expression on. He looked at Jin, who was still focused on eating. Once he noticed the younger staring, he looked back at him. "Is there anything wrong?" He asked worriedly, Yoongi's sudden change in attitude didn't happen too often. 

"I was wanting to tell you this, but I'm not sure.." Yoongi said as the older looked at him, confused. "What is it? Just spit it out."
"I kinda like you." He said with a rush of confidence coming out of nowhere, to which was the complete opposite of his now rosy cheeks. Jin was indeed shocked, he never expected that, and it did come out of the blue. He didn't know how or with what to reply so he simply stayed silent, making sure he heard the latter right. "I know you don't feel the same way, and it's just one-sided love but I just wanted to tell you... I thought I'd feel a bit of a burden lifted off my chest." Yoongi said, Jin still remaining quiet. "I- uh- It's just really unexpected.." Jin tried to find the right words to reply. 

"In a good or bad way? It's certainly good right?" Yoongi laughed, he tried his best not to make the situation awkward, and it really wasn't, they actually ended up playing it cool. "Would you like to try dating? Just a few dates, and if I don't move your heart then we'll stop." Yoongi said. "Um, I'll think about it.." Jin replied.

They ended up eating their food as if nothing happened. Yoongi knew for sure that he won't regret confessing, even if it didn't work out, he'd just feel somewhat happier. And they both wouldn't let that ruin their friendship in any way.