Slip ups

(1999 MTV interview)

(I honestly have no idea where this came from

(I honestly have no idea where this came from....i just took a nap and when i woke up i had this idea stuck in my head...so enjoy whatever the hell this is😅)

Author POV

You were Michael's girlfriend and had been since 1997. But nobody knew for sure that the 2 of you were actually together. Because you guys wanted to keep it a secret in fear of once its out there, some people might have malicious intentions. You and Michael had met when you were 18 in 1988 and had been best friends ever since. It all started in 1995 when the 2 of you became closer and closer. He'd explain to you how things weren't all that good in Michael and Lisa's relationship. When they divorced, you'd go and check up on Michael almost everyday. That's when you realised your feelings towards Michael were indeed not platonic. It angered you went Lisa followed Michael around, then played it off as an affair. SO you had to just tell him. Come to find out things were not as they seemed and Michael felt the same way! Yay.

You were accompanying him at an interview he was doing. You were ecstatic because he rarely allowed you to come along with him to work because he wanted to be focused the entire time.
Michael was getting his mic put on along with touch ups to makeup. You stood in front of him, to the side of the little dresser in his dressing room. Watching. Trying to control yourself. He had recently begun to let his stubble just grow, and you thought it was the sexiest thing in the world. On top of that, he was just the most handsome man you had ever laid eyes on, so it made things a whole lot worse.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." he smartly says, one he notices that you've been staring, your head resting in the palms of your hands. Like a teenage girl in love. "Get over yourself, Jackson." "You the one that was starin'." Michael giggles, making your heart throb. "I was actually staring at the big pimple on your nose," you reply, placing your index finger on the tip of your nose.
He simply rolls his eyes and looks straight ahead. "Hater," he mutters. "This will be the day..." you deepen your voice to mimic the voice of Prince. Michael rolls his eyes and tries to not smile, before miserably failing. You continue to sing the lyrics of one of your favorite songs, Diamonds and Pearls until the interviewers comes into the dressing rooms, and makes a short conversation with Michael. Before long he tells Michael that they should get to the area where the interview is being filmed.

By way of habit, you wrap your arms around Michael's wide shoulders, and his large hands land themselves on your lower back. When you both pull out the hug, you connect your lips with Michael's and the 2 of you share an affectionate kiss, and a few quick pecks. Its only when you pull away and see the surprised expressions on everyones faces, that then you realize what you did.

"Surprise..." Michael quietly says, doing jazz hands.