Just good friends

Off the wall era-

Request

I rang the doorbell to Hayvenhurst and listened to the sound of heavy footsteps approach the door as I clutched my overnight bag and towel. The door swings open and Jackie smiles a big smile at me. "Hey, baby how ya doing'?" He exclaims pulling me into a bear hug. I giggle and hug him back. "Hey Jackie. Im doing great." he pulls away. "That's great. C'mon in girl." he pulls me into the house and I skip straight ahead to where the Jackson family were. They were having a barbecue and invited me to come hang out. Since I had been friends with the family for about 10 years now and I was 19. We met when Michael and his brothers first made it big. At a party which my parents were hosting for higher class people. Me and the Jackson kids hit it off right away. But I was closest with Marlon,  Jackie and Michael. Janet was significantly younger than me but we still got along better than me and the rest of Michael's sisters did.
I slide open the door and step out to where everyone is playing around in the pool. Eyes turn to me when I close the door and it makes a loud thud noise. "YN is here, ya'll!" Janet says.

I place my bag and towels on one of the beach chairs and untie my yellow sundress.  They get out the pool and rush over to me. Once I have my dress off I turn and Marlon is standing right behind me, ready for one of his world famous hugs. I practically jump on him and he stumbles back a bit. "Dang girl. You miss me that much?" he wiggles his eyebrows. "Of course, honey." I send him a wink to which he replies to by blowing me a kiss. I pretend to catch the kiss and Michael coughs loudly. I frown and turn to him and wrap my arms around his bony waist. He hugs me back and my heart flutters in my chest. His fingers curl as we pull away I almost instantly wish I was still in those skinny arms. "Come on, YN. Let's get in the pool." Michael grabs my hand and leads me to the pool. His hands are big and warm. I kinda wanna know what they feel like in other places...

I dip into the water and it isn't long before we began to play Marco polo. Marlon was "it" since he was the oldest. And of course he chose to go after me. Since Michael was longer than me and it would be harder for me to get away. "Marco" he calls out and I try my hardest to move fast as he easily marches after me. Cheater. I see his eyes temporarily open before he tries to close them again. "Hey! You're cheating!"I squeal before trying to walk to the stairs to get out the pool. I get close to the little bench before I feel hands on my waist pulling me back into the water. I emerge from the water gasping for air where Marlon is laughing like a hyena. I look around and see that both Michael and Janet are gone. I quickly flip him off before going and grabbing my towel and wrapping it around my waist. I head into the home where Katherine and Joe are making baked beans. I head up the stairs and I see Michael's door is cracked. Janet sits on the bed adjacent to Michael and his head is in his hands. She looks towards the door and I quickly duck away. She gets up and closes the door fully and I can no longer hear or see anything.

I quickly shower, and by the time im done, I can hear people talking and laughing downstairs. I run fingers through my damp hair and head down. I walk next to Michael who is at the table fixing a plate. Marlon comes beside me. "Want me to fix you a plate?" he says grabbing a paper plate. "No." Michael quickly replies and snatches the plate out his hands with a cold expression on his face, so much so it scared me. "I can fix the dumb plate. " he rolls his eyes before placing his plate down and turning to me. "Just tell me what you want and ill add it, yeah?" he sweetly says smiling a little. I nod my head and my focus keeps going to his orange-peach colored lips. Once my plate is full of delicious food, he carries my plate out to the pool area and I follow behind him like a lost puppy. I love alone time with Michael. Its nice because I really do love him. And hes so perfect.  I just wish he saw what I do.
He sits on one if the pool chairs and waits for me to sit before handing me my plate. We sit across from each other and eat in silence for a little while. "Earlier I walked by your bedroom, and I saw you looked sort of sad and-" I begin before im interrupted. "What did you hear?" he asks his chewing paused midway through a chicken wing with the skin pulled off.

"Nothing. Its just you seemed distant today and I wanted to make sure you weren't angry with me."

"I wasnt angry with you, I was angry with myself." he replies placing down his chicken and wiping the back of his mouth with the back of his hand. "What do you mean mad with yourself?" I inquire. "If I tell you something...do you promise nothing between our friendship will change?" he looks timid and on the inside I can barely contain my excitement. I have a feeling I know what's up. But hearing it from him was going to be music to my ears. "Pinky promise." I eagerly lock my pinky with his greasy pinky. "Okay. I have feelings for you, YN. And I guess I was just angry because I should have said something instead of just being too timid. And I guess when you and Marlon play around like that it really irritates me." he says curling his fingers as if hes a cat bout to scratch something. I smile widely and place my hand on his own. "You shouldn't worry about Marlon. We'Re just good friends. Im all yours jibitz." I boop his nose and he giggles softly before pulling me into a deep, loving kiss.

Sorry if this was bad... I will be updating tommorow so stay tuned for that. It may be later in the day though since I have physical therapy for my knee.😘