The school bus

-Jackson's era

¬ this imagine MIGHT be a little lengthy but I hope you guys enjoy :) also this is set in North Carolina instead of Gary.

Author POV

YN was a sophomore who just transferred to Eugene Ashley High school a year prior. She once resided in Raleigh NC and the sudden change was enough to shake her a bit. Her parents had split up about 9 years before and her father and his girlfriend were the ones who lived in Carolina Beach, where YN was going to live. She moved away from her mothers home because of her mothers drinking habits and neglecting nature.

"Alright, dad. The bus is coming. See you at 3." she bid farewell to her father and climbed unto the school bus. "Good morning, Mrs. Moody" YN greets sweetly as she makes her way to an empty seat in the middle of the bus. Perfect.

She made sure to place her feet out so that no one would try and sit with her. It was far to early to have conversations or even be around someone. A few houses down they make a stop at the house. Not just any house. His house. His name was Michael. And YN hated Michael. Even though she never talked to him or anything.  Just one of his little tendencies angered her and she had no idea why. He would get on the bus and since their bus was particularly packed, he would just walk up to whoever and tell them, not ask. Tell them to move over. And they would do so with no hesitation.

He had a brother by the name of Marlon. And he would do the same thing. Crazy part is, girls would fawn over it. The 2 of them swoon girls all around not only the bus but the school.

The bus came to a screeching stop and on walked the 2 boys. Marlon muttered something to the bus driver causing her to laugh loudly and playfully hit his bookbag. The bus driver took a liking to the boys, in a friendly way of course. YN peered over the seat and her eyes locked with Michael's "shit!"she muttered to herself as he made way over to the girl in front of her. "Move over." he muttered as he nudged her with his knee. The girl gave a googly eyed smile and scoot over without any questioning. He plopped down as the bus began moving, not paying her any attention whatsoever. Marlon sits in the seat adjacent to YN's. 'I promise you if he ever tells me that I am NOT scooting over. His rude ass.' she thinks to herself engulfing herself in a book until they arrive at school. 

She hurries to her first period,who is also her favorite teacher. Mr.Jones. He adored YN and shes adored him as well. He would allow her to eat, run errands, etc. Things he didn't let other students do. And she loved it. She arrived and gave him the usual hug and went into class. She sat at her desk and looked to the door where Michael was standing there talking to Mr. Jones. His attentions turned towards her and he pointed in her direction. And Mr. Jones turned around. Before directing his attention back to Michael. They were talking about her.

Class began and of course, Mr. Jones asks YN to run some paperwork over to Ms. Holmes, the teacher in charge of the in school suspension room. She skipped over to the room and knocked on the door. Ms. Holmes opened the door with a smile on her face. "He told me to give you these and to grab him a bottle of water." she smiles and a familiar face grabs her attention. Michael was slumped in one of chairs with his legs wide open her fingers curling pieces of his hair. "Sure. Just go to that fridge and get it." Ms. Holmes says, sitting back down in her chair. YN slowly walks over to fridge that sits behind Michael to the left. He watches her every move and the 2 make eye contact the entire way. YN is the first to break it, thankfully. She quickly grabs a bottle of water and rushes out the class.  The eye contact the 2 of them made was the only thing YN could think of the entire walk back to class. She desperately wanted to relive the moment all over again.

Little did she know she soon would-