iii.

≫ ──────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──────── ≪

──────── •◦ ◦• ────────

The Hogwarts express

James grinned happily while walking down platform 9 3/4, beside him were Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. It was almost as if they had traveled back in time walking down the platform with luggage behind them. The only difference now was that they weren't coming back as students, no they were there to help Dumbledore protect the school for the Triwizard tournament and that James no had a child and wife of course.

"Ahh, Isn't it lovely to be back prongs?" Sirius asked with a grin on his face, James nodded eagerly.

"What about you moony?" Sirius asked his husband, Remus nods his head a little. Sirius grins widens and he jumps a little in his step, Harry walks past them not even sending them a second glance. James and Sirius watch as Harry seems to try to move past them as fast as possible.

"What are you doing Harry?" Sirius asks with furrowed eyebrows. Harry looks back at the trio and sighs a little.

"Please don't embarrass me" he pleads to his father and two best friends. Sirius and James gasps and acts fake offended. Remus just looks mildly amused by the scene

"Did he just?" James starts

"Oh I think he did prongs," Sirius says with mouth agape.

"My own son betraying me," James says while shaking his head, Harry just rolls his eyes before leaving the three men. They soon board the train excitedly. They receive a good amount of attention since most people know about the Potters, especially with Harry being 'the boy who lived' while James and Lily had been able to survive from the attack on their home.

James grinned at the attention almost feeling as they were back all those years ago, they walked to their old compartment where they always had to spend their train rides when they were in school themselves. Arriving at the compartment door James was just about to open it when he noticed a figure sitting in it. He soon recognized the black-haired girl as Ophelia Lecter. She was sitting with her hand outstretched and her palm open. On her palm stood a small creature that looked like it was made out of small green branches. James recognized it to be a bowtruckle.

He noticed Ophelia giving the creature a small smile while she looked at it. James couldn't help but smile himself seeing the girl happy. James opened the compartment door and Ophelias eyes landed on the trio. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion seeing the three men standing there.

James entered the compartment with Sirius and Remus following behind him. Ophelia watched as they took their seats on the two benches with James beside her and Remus and Sirius on the bench in front of them.

"I would say 'this compartment is full' but I feel like you wouldn't listen," she says with a roll of her eyes. James grins and Sirius and Remus nod in agreement, Ophelia sigh before retracting her palm to her pocket. The small bowtruckle quickly climbs up her sleeve and hides in the crook of her neck with her brown hair as a shield.