xxix.

≫ ──────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──────── ≪

Worrying at Christmas

Beams of lights could be seen everywhere, the wand was whipped and spells were shot. Ophelia had gotten the mission to inspect an old wizarding town, the team had left muggle London and followed the instructions of the ministry.

Ophelia wore the same outfit, as usual, her black coat tightened with a black wide belt, she wore a white t-shirt underneath and. a pair of black wide-legged pants with a high waist. She wore black high-heeled boots and had her long hair in a high ponytail.

It was the day before Christmas and Ophelia were late, she didn't think it would happen this way, she didn't know they walked right into a trap. Several death eaters had been lurking in the old village and waited for Ophelia to arrive.

The fight broke loose in an instant, many Auror had already left seeing the hopeless case and they became less and less in numbers. It seemed that all focus from the death eaters was focused on Ophelia, and she suspected it had to do with what Bellatrix had said the year earlier, how Voldemort had a plan for her.

Soon enough it was Ophelia against about nine death eaters and her odds were not looking good, she understood that she had to escape but there was no time for her to do so. Spells were shot at her from left and right and she did her absolute best to shield them all.

"Sectum Sempra" one shouted at her, Ophelia did her best to block it but did not have the time, pain shot thru her as she fell to the ground screaming in pain. She felt how her skin split up on her stomach, small cuts were made on her arms as smaller gash was made by her jawline and down against her throat. She felt a warm liquid spreading inside the fabric of the clothes she wore and a huge stain could be seen, blood trickled down her face and out from her mouth.

The unknown death eater smirked while nearing the screaming woman, but right before he could reach out for her she used the last ounce of energy she had and apparated away. The death eater roared in anger as their target escaped.

---

Ophelia fell to the ground with a hard thud as she apparated, the wound in her stomach only worsened by the movement and she once again shouted in agony, her voice then became hoarse and the only sound that could be heard was the uneven breaths from the raven-haired girl.

She laid on the grass in unknown locations as her eyes started to drop, she didn't even notice the footsteps around her and the unfamiliar voices calling out for her. The last thing she made out was the faces of strangers looking at her with worried eyes before darkness took over.

---

It was the night of Christmas, the chill air swept over England as a cold blanket and one man didn't seem to have the heart to feel the Christmas spirit.