vii.

≫ ──────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──────── ≪

Badges

It had been a few days since the goblet of fire incident, the students of Hogwarts had gone angry at Harry, thinking that he cheated while entering the tournament. People had now started wearing a yellow badge that said

'Support Cedric Diggory, the real champion' then they turned green and said 'Potter stinks'. James had been furious seeing this and was really disappointed that he wasn't allowed to punch students. He, Remus, and Sirius stood together in the courtyard talking in hushed voices. 

James had informed the rest of his family, minus Harry about his relation to the young Ophelia Lecter, Lily had been surprisingly accepting about it knowing it was before they got together. Lily had actually been quite thrilled knowing that there was a new female addition to the family, James had to remind her that Ophelia didn't even know about him being her father.

 They watched as Ophelia stood leaning against a wall in the courtyard with her headphones plugged in and with her eyes closed. Jame couldn't help but feel guilty for never being there for her and it only got worse every time he looked at the scar on her face.

She then paused her music and removed the headphones, she stood up more straight when a small Slytherin boy walked up to her. They saw as he offered her a badge and she just looked down at the young boy with an icy stare. She took the badge in her hands threw it on the ground and then stomped at it.

She pushed the boy away from her with her hand against his head and then left the small boy who looked horrorstruck. James felt a small smile creeping up on his face seeing her reject the badge.

"I already like her," Sirius says with a grin.

People then start mumbling and shouting at someone, they all look over and spots Harry walking thru the corridor towards the courtyard. He is stopped by a group of Hufflepuffs that showed him their badges while laughing at him, they stood in front of the passageway making it impossible to get out. He tried to excuse himself from the but they just laughed.  

James was about to intervene when someone gripped the Hufflepuffs from behind and pushed them away from the entrance. Ophelia glared daggers at the Hufflepuffs,

"You deaf, he said move it losers" she barks at them, they stumble back a little before running off. Harry looks up at Ophelia with a surprised look on his face.

"Thanks," he says slowly, she meets his eyes and smiles warmly at him, Harry is a little taken back by the action but finds himself smiling back weakly.

"No problem Hazza, don't let them get to you" she reminds him. Harry furrows his eyebrows a little with a small smile on his face.

"Hazza?" he asks, Ophelia finds herself laughing gently,

"Of course, it fits you perfectly" she shrugs with a smile.

"Why did you defend me?" Harry asks lowly with confusion lacing his words.

"You looked like you needed it" she shrugged. Harry smiled a little before gripping her arm and dragging her with him. Ophelia stumbled a little before regaining her footing. Together they walk up to Cedric Diggory and his friends. Cedric lays with his head on his friend's lap and then sits up seeing Ophelia and Harry.

He meets the eyes of Ophelia and he smiles at her, she doesn't smile back.

"Read the badge Potter," one of his friends says, Ophelia's eye land on the laughing Hufflepuff.

"If you don't shut your mouth, I'm gonna cut your tongue off and feed it to the squirrels" Ophelia barks at him, he instantly shuts his mouth and looks at the tall Slytherin girl standing beside the short Gryffindor boy. Harry looks at her with wide eyes surprised by the shy girl's action.

Cedric looks up at the duo before speaking up "Alright" he says before following them. Ophelia has no idea what's happening, she just goes with the flow. 

"Dragons, thatäs the first task, they got one for each of us" Harry explains to Cedric, Ophelias eyes widen in shock

"You serious?" he asks and Harry nods, "And uhh, Fleur and Krum do they-?" he asks but Harry cuts him off with a quick "yes"

"Come on Ced leave him" the friend from before calls out. Ophelia throws her hands up in the air turning to the boy.

"I swear, didn't I just tell you to shut up," she says angrily, the boy looks down not wanting to meet the furious girl's eyes. When she turns around again she's met by Cedric Diggory, Harry standing further away done the courtyard. She squints her eyes at the handsome Hufflepuff who rubs his neck nervously while stuttering a little.

"Ehrm, I'm Cedric Diggory" he blurts out, Ophelia raises an eyebrow at him.

"Oh Merlin, I didn't even know," she says sarcastically. She then sighs knowing that she was acting like a bitch. "Sorry that was rude, I'm just having a bad day, I'm Ophelia Lecter," she says while holding her hand out for him to shake. He sends her a grin and shakes her hand.

James watches as Ophelia interacts with the Hufflepuff with an annoyed expression on his face, seeing her defend Harry like that really made him happy but he didn't like her talking to boys. Their conversation is soon ended with Ophelia saying a quick goodbye before leaving. Cedric follows her with his eyes before going back to his friends.

"He's whipped," Sirius says with a grin, in return he receives a slap on the arm from a scowling James.

"Shut up snuffles" James grumbles before making his way into the castle.