xi.

≫ ──────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──────── ≪

The yule ball

Ophelia and Celia stood with hooked arms on the top of the stairs,  many people were watching the duo with gaping mouths as they descended. Ophelia felt incredibly uncomfortable with so many people watching her but she didn't show it.

They bid farewell before parting ways, Celia walked up to the smiling Ariana who waited patiently for the brown-haired girl and Ophelia walked in the direction of a gaping Cedric Diggory.

"Cedric, you clean up quite well" she complimented the boy when she reached him. He didn't seem to know what he was supposed to say when he looked at the beautiful girl in front of him.

"You- you look, wow" he breathed out and Ophelia blushed a little.

"So erh are you ready?" he asked her, she looked at him with furrowed eyebrows before remembering the rule of the champions dancing first. Anxiety creeped up on her and she breathed a little shakily.

"Uhh, not really, I kinda have this terrible stage fright" she admitted shyly, Cedric looked a little taken back by her words.

"You? Afraid? wow the world must have come to an end" he tested her a little, she smiled a bit before slapping his arm jokingly.

"Everybody is afraid of something" she reminded him. Cedric then smiled warmly before taking her hand in his.

"Don't be afraid, I'll be there the whole time, and if I'll say it myself I'm quite the good dancer so there's no need to worry" he comforted the scared girl. Ophelia smiled at him before nodding her head gently at him. He smiled before holding his arm up for her to take. She smiled before hooking her arm in his.

The champion pairs stood in a line before entering the already filed hall. Ophelia looked around anxiously feeling really uncomfortable with so many eyes on her. Cedric seemed to pick up her anxiety and squeezed her hand gently. She looked over at him with a thankful smile before they walked up on the dance floor.

When all the champion pairs stood on the dance floor the cheering stopped and everybody waited for the music to start.

Cedric put a hand on her waist while she put her on his shoulder, they connected their other hands and prepared to start dancing. Ophelia felt thankful for the awful dance lessons he had to endure in the orphanage for the first time in her life. Cedric gave her a handsome smile and she found herself smiling back.