𝟎𝟎𝟒: 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐞.

That night Hurricane Agatha hit Outer banks and left the island in tatters

That night Hurricane Agatha hit Outer banks and left the island in tatters. Saylor left her room and went outside just as John B and JJ were clearing branches out from the boat.

"We're going fishing, you wanna come?" JJ asked her. He knew she would want a distraction and that she wouldn't want to talk about yesterday so he was gonna spend the day trying to keep her mind off everything.

"Sure, why not." She responded. She turned on her heals and went back into her room to change.

As she walked past the mirror she caught sight of herself and sighed. Her once perfect skin now covered in scars that she had received from beatings from her mother and fights during drug deals. They bothered her but never as much as the mental scars. The ones she couldn't see but could feel all the time.

She wore denim shorts and a old graphic t shirt with a bikini underneath. The graphic shirt covered the scars on her stomach and as long as she kept it on no one would see them.

As Saylor, her brother and JJ sailed through the town collecting Pope and Kie she remained silent watching the Outer Banks pass her by. It had been along time since she had been to that part of the island. She had been back to Outer Banks several times over the 2 years but that was only ever to help Barry with his jobs and no one ever knew she was back.

She glanced up out of her day dream as the boat started going faster to notice JJ stood at the front of the boat trying to catch beer in his mouth as it flew out of the bottle. At the sight she did something she hadn't done in a long time.

She smiled.

A genuine smile.

Although it was cut short as the boat jolted forward sending JJ overboard and everyone else into the sides of the boat. She hit her head on the corner of the seat but she didn't care about the ringing in her ears, she was used to it and was glad that it didn't come from a punch or slap from her mother.

"Saylor, Kie you good?" The shaggy haired brunnete asked the two girls as he stood up whilst rubbing his shoulder. Saylor nodded in response and went over to the front of the boat to check on JJ.

"Jay, you alright?" She asked whilst he groaned bobbing in the water.

JJ smiled at the nickname. He hadn't heard it in years and it made his heart melt that she was the one to ask if he was okay. "I think my heels touched the back of my head." He replied to which she let out a small chuckle.

He was glad to hear her laugh.

"Pope, what did you do?" John B asked him. Of course he asked that before asking if he was ok Saylor thought to herself.

"Sandbar. The channel changed." He answered. "Ugh, this is probably gonna mess this whole place up."

"That doesn't matter. Are you ok, you hurt P?" She asked him with genuine concern.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Thanks for asking S." He smiled at her.

"Hey, at least I saved the beer." JJ said showing the bottle in his hand.

"Congrats, JJ" John B chuckled.

Pope moved from behind the wheel and glanced down into the murky marsh water. "Guys... I think there's a boat down there..."

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ