𝟎𝟑𝟖: 𝐋𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐝.

Pope was stood at the wheel of the boat whilst Saylor sat with her feet dangling in the water at the other end

Pope was stood at the wheel of the boat whilst Saylor sat with her feet dangling in the water at the other end. They were in complete silence both in their heads about what had just happened.

Saylor was filled with guilt, she couldn't do anything to help Pope and a small part of her felt responsible for the fact she wasn't able to stop Rafe becoming the monster he is now.

The Heyward boy was filled with anger as he had not only lost money as he now had to replace the food that now laid in the sand but that Rafe had touched his best friend. He was hurt, his head was pounding but the fact Saylor had been grabbed by the Cameron angered him more than anything else. He hated the thought of him even being able to look at the girl let alone touch her. He didn't deserve to be in her presence.

"Pope! Say!" A familiar voice laughed.
"Dude, you are not going to believe what just happened to me, man! Whoo! That was the best 100 bucks I've ever made! When I say count me in on all these grocery deliveries, Pope, I mean it." He sang happily stepping into the boat completely unaware of what had happened to his two best friends. "What's up with you? Bro, you good?" JJ asked when Pope started the boat still without saying anything.

That's when he noticed the blood on his forehead that was poorly covered with his cap. "Yo, what happened to your face, dude?
Jesus! What happened?" The blue eye Pogue gasped.

"Rafe and Topper jumped me. They said no Pogues on their side of the island." Pope announced with a single tear falling from his deep brown eyes.

The blonde quickly whipped around and made his way to the Routledge girl at the end of the boat. "Did they touch you?!" He asked her angrily.

"I couldn't stop him, Topper held me back" she didn't answer his question directly. Not caring about herself but more so Pope. It seemed to be a reoccurring theme. Saylor not being able to stop Rafe Cameron.

"Rafe grabbed her wrists" Pope growled lowly.

JJ was certain he has never heard the Heyward boy so angry, which confused him seen as Saylors wrists seemed to be unharmed.

"Pope its fine, he didn't -" she began, knowing the reason the fact he had touched her bothered him so deeply.

"No." He cut her of bluntly. "I'm taking you home"

Saylor sighed but nodded, ignoring the blondes confused glances between the pair.
"You sure your ok?" He asked her placing his arm around her shoulder. She rested her head on his chest before nodding slighting.

Her answer only confused him more. If Pope was hurt worse than Saylor why was the boy so angry about her situation.

They pulled up at the Chateau docks and Saylor reluctantly pulled away from JJs chest smiling weakly up at him. She then walked over to pope and wrapped her arms around the boys back hugging him from behind. Her head rested between his shoulder blades and she felt him relax hugging her back by squeezing her hands. No words were exchanged but they had an entire conversation with that one hug.

JJ smiled at the two, he admired how much they cared for each other. Saylor stepped of the boat and onto the dock. "See you guys later?" She asked. They had plans to surf and she wasn't sure if they were gonna cancel now with everything that had happened.

Pope nodded and JJ reassured her he wouldn't miss it for the world before the boat drove of.

John B was sat on the porch as she walked up to the chateau. She snatched the bag of Pop corn from his lap and plopped her head on his shoulder with a big sigh. "Sure, help yourself" he joked, grabbing some popcorn from the bag now in the girls lap. "Ok, what's wrong?" He questioned after watching her glumly shove pop corn into her mouth.

Saylor didn't want to tell her brother what had gone down during the food delivery, it was another secret to add to her already long lost but she figured it's best to protect him from the anger and sadness the secrets would bring him. "I love you" She spoke slowly looking her twin dead in the eyes.

"I love you" He replied softly kissing the crown of her head. He wasn't sure why she was being so soppy but he didn't care. It had been years since they had spent time alone together like this. They were only sat in silence sharing a bag of pop corn that had been thrown at him by the Kook princess but he was certain at this moment he hadn't been so content since she left.

"What are you gonna do?" The blonde asked his friend curiously as he pulled up to Toppers dock.

"2020 Malibu, 24-MXC. The world's finest wakesetter. Number one in quality, luxury, and performance." Pope repeated JJs words from the previous day.

"This is war, Pope. They hit us, we hit them. Do it." He encouraged. "Wow, you did it. I'm so proud of you right now." The blonde cheered as  the Heyward boy emerged after pulling the plug from the boat.

"You can't tell anybody." Pope instructed.

"Oh, no, yeah. Totally, dude." JJ shrugged.

"No, I'm serious, dude. Not Kie, not John B, nobody."

"Yup, my lips are sealed." He nodded reassuringly.

"Especially not S, she cannot find out. She has that weird friendship thing with Topper." Pope elaborated the importance of the girl never finding out.

JJ groaned at the reminder of the friendship the girl he loves has with the Kook. "Don't remind me" he mumbled. "Give me that. Give me that." He threw the plug into the water, a plop sounding as it hit the surface. "Okay! Let's get outta here."

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ