𝟎𝟒𝟑: 𝐃𝐨 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐌𝐞.

The group had split up after their failed attempt of finding the gold

The group had split up after their failed attempt of finding the gold. The twins had just returned home and it was fair to say they felt like complete shit.

"Hey, buddy." An annoying high pitch voice rang through the air the second they stepped through the door.

"You know, Cheryl, it's kind of a bad time for a check-in." John B groaned walking through to the kitchen, Saylor following swiftly behind him.

"Not a check-in. We're here to take you." She announced. Causing both the Routledge teens to stop in their tracks.

"Today? Really?" He huffed.

"It's just for a few weeks until your hearing." The foster worker tried to reason.

"No, no, no. Cheryl, look, we are not going into foster care, okay?" John B declared reaching out to his twin.

"We are not gonna go be a part of your little system. We won't be separated again" Saylor piped up grabbing onto her brothers outstretched arm.

"We aren't here to take you Saylor, you already have a legal guardian on the Island."

"My mother is on the island?" Saylor questioned her heart racing faster than the speed of light.

"John B, this is Deputy Thomas. He works with juveniles for the sheriff's department." Cheryl completely ignored her question. "Look, I know Uncle T is down in Mississippi working at a casino. He hasn't been here in months."

"What" John B scoffed. "No, see, that's my nightmare right there. Look, I... I... I want emancipation." He huffed.

"Emancipation from who? There's nobody here but you." She enquired with an eyebrow raised.

"Uh... asylum, then."

"On what grounds?"

"On... on solid grounds. On holy grounds.
Look, I feel real... real prosecuted right now by you and... especially Mr. Big Head over here.
What are you lookin' at, bro? What're you gonna do? You gonna tase me?" John B rambled starting to walk towards Thomas.

"Bird!" Saylor shouted in warning trying to get him to not make the situation worse... which obviously he ignored.

"Oh, yeah, you wanna dance, huh?" He carried on winding him up.

"Come here, you little..." The deputy leaped at John B grabbing his arms.

"Don't touch him!" Saylor yelled.

"I didn't do anything! Cheryl, get your dog off!" The pogue was now thrashing around in his arms.

"That's enough!" Cheryl ordered.

"Okay, okay. I give up." John B declared as he slipped from Thomas grip. He grabbed his sisters hand and led her to his room where he began filling a back pack with clothes.

"Your joking right? This is a joke? Your not actually going to leave me? John B I need you I can't-" She was hyperventilating with glossed over eyes. One of her hands clutched at her chest.

"Hey, hey. Waves look at me." Her twin said calmly as his hands cupped her cheeks. As their two brown eyes made contact her breath started to slow. "I'm not leaving you ok, I promise. I have a plan" he nodded at her reassuringly. "Do you trust me?"

She nodded slowly before breathing out a quiet "I trust you." Then she wrapped her hands around his waist and he pulled her into his chest kissing the top of her head. "I love you"

"I love you too"

Next thing she knew she was watching Cheryl and Thomas drive of with her twin in the back of the car.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ