𝟎𝟐𝟖: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐮𝐳𝐳𝐥𝐞.

"Ward and Rafe will be here soon so don't embarrass me!" Carol sternly instructed the Routledge girl

"Ward and Rafe will be here soon so don't embarrass me!" Carol sternly instructed the Routledge girl. "And cover your arm!" She sneered motioning to her left arm that had several burns on them after her mother had used them to put out her blunts the previous day.

As she pulled the sleeve of her jumper down the door bell sounded and her mother took large steps to the front door.  Ward and Rafe stood confidently at the door with smiles on their faces. The older Cameron kissed the cheeks of his mistress as Rafe stepped around them rolling his eyes. He walked over the Saylor standing closely in front of her. "Hey" he smiled.

"Hey." She spoke quietly back with a large smile. The two look deeply in eachother eyes before her mother cut through the tension.

"Why don't you two go upstairs hmmm" she announced. It was an order not a question and she made obvious thats it's as such.

"Yes, me and your mother have some business to attend to." Ward joined in standing beside Carol with his hand placed on her lower back.

"Sure, business." Saylor huffed as she turned her back to the secret couple. "Come on Rafe." She grabbed his arm pulling him with her but it didn't to make strength as he was already moving to walk with her.

No words were exchanged until they had entered Saylors bedroom. "So, what you wanna do?" He quizzed as he plopped himself down on the edge of her bed.

"I have this puzzle that I wanna get finished?" She offered with an eyebrow raised.

"Sounds like a plan."

"Sweet." She cheered excitedly. She pushed Rafes legs to the side as she bent down and pulled out a tray with puzzle pieces littered on one and a half completed hogwarts on the other.  She crossed her legs and sat at the floor at one side of the tray. "You seen the Harry Potter films?" She asked.

"Of course I have. Who hasn't." Rafe responded as he positioned himself at the other end of the tray.

"Good point." She nodded. "Who's your favourite character?" The brunette girl questioned whilst picking up a puzzle piece and scanning the tray to find its correct place.

"Probably Draco" he shrugged leaning back on his hands.

"He's hot. But how come?"

"He's misunderstood. I don't know, I guess I kind of relate to him. I see myself in him." He explained calmly. He would never speak about something so personal and emotional to anyone else other than Saylor. It was what they did. When him and his father would visit they would just talk to one another and listen intently.

At first they hated each other but quickly they realised they were both in the same shitty situation of being forced to marry and that bought them closer. If Rafe was being honest after the past year he had grown to not only accept the idea of marrying the girl but had become quite fond of it.

"The way he feels pressured to do things he doesn't want to in order to please his dad. I get that." He sighed. He looked up to realise Saylors attention was purely on him and no longer the puzzle piece she was trying to locate. "What about you?"

"Luna." She nodded. "She's sweet and kind hearted but people treat her wrongly, like a push over. She doesn't deserve the teasing but gets it anyway." Saylor frowned looking back down at the puzzle piece in her hand. She felt a warm hand grip hers and looked up to see Rafe leaning over the tray.

"It goes here." He spoke gently as he moved her hand to place the puzzle piece to the correct spot on the board.

After a while of much more light hearted conversation Rafe noticed that she was fiddling with the sleeve of her jumper allot. "What's wrong with your arm?"

The question took her by surprise and she stuttered out a response. "It's just itchy."

The Cameron boy immediately picked up on her panicked tone so moved over pulling up her sleeve. He gasped when he saw the burns but wasn't surprised as he had seen similar things multiple times during their visits. "Again?" He whispered sympathetically his voice nothing but concerned.

"Always."

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ