𝟎𝟓𝟖: 𝐅𝐢𝐣𝐢 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫.

After driving round different parts of the island they arrived at what they hoped to be the correct location of the gold

Saylor had smoked the entirety off JJs joint so was incredibly buzzed. Usually one of them would have stepped in and told her to take it easy but after the slight breakdown that took place at the wreck they decided not too.

"Not the Crain house." Pope complained the second it registered where they were.

"Worst-case scenario." Kie sang unamused.
"Look, you guys know whose house this is, right?"

"Oh, yeah. No, I do." The blonde now chimed in over enthusiastically

"Honestly, I don't really believe the stories of this place." John B shrugged looking up at the large house covered in overgrown weeds.

"Which stories did you hear?"

"The one where she killed her husband with an axe and that she's been holed up ever since." The eldest Routledge replied.

"On certain nights, when the moon is full... you can see her in the window!" Kie joked wiggling her fingers at the gullible blonde.

"BOO!" Saylor snook up behind him grabbing his shoulders causing him to shriek like a little girl. The two girls clapped and Saylor doubled over with laughter tears in her eyes. The group watched her looking so care free and smiled to themselves.

"No, it's not funny, 'cause it's all true." He carried on but got annoyed when he saw everyone's 'your stupid' expressions. "I swear to God, guys, this is all real. I knew Hollis. Jeez!"

"Wait, you knew Hollis Crain?" Pope asked confused.

"Yeah, dude." He sighed.

"Dude, how do you know Hollis Crain?" John B butted in.

"She was my babysitter, man. She told me all about it. Told me the truth... about her mother and what happened in this house. So as a kid, she heard all the stories that her mother killed her father, and... she was a murderer and all.
Hollis didn't believe it. Until that night."

"What night?" Pope questioned completely captivated.

"It all came back to her. When Hollis was six years old, she heard her parents arguing downstairs. So she goes downstairs to see her mom washing her hands in a sink... full of blood." Saylor shuddered at this. She remembers seeing her own mother wash her hands free off blood. The only difference being the blood was Saylors. "Her mother just says that she cut her finger. The next morning, she says her father and her split up. But then, Hollis noticed something. Her mother going into the parlor constantly, in and out and in and out with plastic bags. Weeks pass, and Hollis decides to use the outhouse. And as she's using it, she looks down, and there, in the outhouse, is her father's head, looking straight back at her." He finished his story with wide eyes.

"God, you are so full of shit." John B deadpanned.

"Dude, I swear to God, man." JJ exclaimed desperately.

"Did she call the police?" Kie asked with a raised eyebrow not believing a word he had just said.

"She didn't have time."

"We can't do this..." Pope whispered under his breath. "Wait! Dude!" He whisper yelled at John B seeing him begin to climb the wall, being careful with how loud he was talking.

"What?" He hissed back

"You sure you wanna do this? She's an axe murderer. You got a cast on."

"I don't give a shit if she's an axe murderer, okay? I got nothin' to lose, right? You comin' or what?"

"Yanno you actually have a lot to lose" Saylor spoke slowly making her way to her brother. "You have your friends who have quite literally almost died for you on multiple occasions. Wouldn't hurt you to be more grateful" she shrugged as she sat on the top of the wall carelessly as if she hadn't just given her brother a mini lecture.

John B hung his head down in shame and the others smiled at her gratefully. "And what about you? Do I have you to lose?" Her twin questioned, honestly he wasn't sure where they stood at the minute.

"Can't lose someone that's already lost" She shrugged once again jumping down from the wall and onto the other side. She wasn't telling her brother that he had lost her, she was telling him she had lost herself.

Pope looked at the place where the girl was sat a few seconds ago with pitiful eyes.

"Are you guys gonna come join me or am I going to find Mr Crain on my own?" Saylor yelled over the wall before tripping over a large branch landing with a huff.

"Saylor you ok?" Everyone yelled back over the wall hearing her fall. They knew she was fine when she responded with a large fit of giggles.

"I just totally fell on my ass" she laughed tipping her head back. The group had now joined her on that side of the wall and JJ outstretched his hand to help her up. Saylor however grabbed his hand delicately and kissed the back of it. "You are the fairest princess in all the land" she beamed looking up at him.

"Who? Me?" The blonde went along flipping his 'hair' over his shoulder. "How you woo me with your words" he put on a high pitch voice. All five Pogues began to laugh at the two.

Saylor allowed the boy to pull her from the ground and the two bowed as their friends applauded.

"Right, So here's the plan. We need to look for the wheat near the water like it said in Denmark's letter." John B got them back on track.

"Okay, like, what kind of water? Like, pond water?" Pope questioned needing as much information being the nerd he is.

"Bong water?" JJ chucked.

"Hopefully it's Fiji water, I always wanted to try Fiji water. Fiji water just looks so clean. Fiji water looks so crisp." Saylor spoke passionately repeating the words 'Fiji water' way to much. "Fiji water is out of my price range" she sighed shaking her head disappointedly.

"No. It... it just said look for water, okay?" Her twin cut in before she could ramble anymore in her high state.

"That's the shittiest secret message ever." Kie huffed pushing some branches out the way.

"You wanna complain a little more, Kie? Nobody said it was gonna be easy." John B sassed back. The two bickering teens went together down a overgrown path.

"I'll search the northeast quadrant, you two search the northwest." Pope announced to the remaining pogues before going his own way.

"The decapitation quadrant." JJ whispered looking straight into Saylors eyes.

Saylor looked at him with her eyes just as wide and brought her thumb to her neck and pretended to slash it.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ