𝟎𝟏𝟓: 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐕𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞.

After half an hour of the Pogues holding tightly onto  each other in a group hug scared to let go to soon incase Saylors already crumbling walls would shatter once more, the 5 teens stood outside the Twinkie discussing their plan to work out the c...

After half an hour of the Pogues holding tightly onto  each other in a group hug scared to let go to soon incase Saylors already crumbling walls would shatter once more, the 5 teens stood outside the Twinkie discussing their plan to work out the clue left behind on the twins fathers compass.

The usual calm and joyful atmosphere that bubbled the Pogues was heavy and dark as they desperately tried to seek a distraction from Saylors break down in order to regain some normality.

"Right. You're gonna post up and look out for bogeys, okay?" John B instructs JJ whilst holding Saylor tightly under his arm as if he was scared she would get hurt again without him being their to protect her. Usually She would fight against her twins protectiveness and try to prove she is able to take care of herself but maybe just this once it was ok to accept being cared for.

"Wait... Why me?" The blue eyed blonde questioned with wide eyes, offended as if he was being benched at the final game of the season.

"Because you're not coming." Pope tells him calmly turning to face him.

"Why?"

"There are independent and dependent variables. You're independent. We don't know what you'll do." Pope replies using much larger and more intellectual words than necessary.

"Shut up!" JJ raises his voice waving his finger around, his silver thumb ring shining as the sun hits it.

Saylor released a giggle and everyone turns to look at her not understanding what is funny. "I'm sorry, it's just P is using all these big words and I know J is only getting mad because he doesn't know what they mean. Which is funny because I don't know what they mean either."

" A independent variable is-" Pope started to explain before getting cut off.

"Listen to me for a second. Pope, you stand look out with JJ. Okay? If we get split up, we meet back at JJ's house." John B interrupts before the conversation can become even more of topic.

"Great." Kie confirms turning to walk towards the lighthouse.

"I'm gonna stay here with P and J." Saylor steps from beneath her brothers arm that was draped over her shoulder. " OMG! P and J! Peanut butter and jelly, how have I never noticed that before?!" She squeals from excitement as if it's the best thing she has ever heard.

The group all smile happy to see her joking around with her old personality beginning to re-emerge.

"You sure?" Her brother questions still feeling uneasy about leaving her side. She responds with a nod and her twin has a conversation with his eyes telling the two other male Pogue  to keep an eye on her.

"I'm gonna work on my merit scholarship essay, and I'm trying to keep felonies to a minimum." Pope announces as Kie and John B climb over the fence and head to the light house.

"All right, would you just shut up already?" JJ huffs kicking his hacky sack.

"P! Wait up!" Saylor calls as she follows him into the Twinkie. "So, what's and independent and dependent variable?"

"You seriously want to know?" He quizzed with his eye brow raised. Usually when he brings things up like that they complain that he's 'speaking geek' so he's not used to someone being interested.

"Well, yeah. I didn't exactly have allot of time to go to school the past few years so." Saylor replies sighing with her head down.

He nods understandingly before explaining to his best friend what an independent and dependent variable is.

"Your an independent variable Pope." She tells him calmly.

"What do you mean?"

"Not in a bad way." She clarifies. "I depend on you." She shrugs. "I guess you could say that without you, I would be stuck." Their brown eyes met as they looked at each other trying to fully grasp what is being said. "I would be stuck inside my own head unable to change because I am so convinced I have to do everything alone. You showed me that's not true." They smiled softly at each other. Pope opened his mouth to respond before the sound of sirens cut him off.

"Oh, shit." JJ exclaimed as he joined the other 2 jumping into the back of the van. Pope snapped into action and began driving away as John B instructed in his plan.

˚ ◌༘♡ ⋆。˚ ꕥ