Pg 14

"Sir..." Fred broke the silence as Eric kept on perambulating and everyone were silently watching him.

"We still need them around. Keep them in that white house, nobody moves, till I've asked everyone here where they were" then turning to Lydia, he continued; "we don't know the truth yet"

What was that supposed to mean? Lydia almost said that out loud when Fred intervened; "why don't we take them to the station? This place doesn't feel safe at this hour, considering what's been happening"

"What's been happening?" Lydia finally asked her question.

"Similar cases like this" Fred replied her.

"What? People have been missing here?" She asked.

"I'm afraid even worse things have happened. Now, everyone follow me to the white house" Fred said urging everyone forward.

"Officer, can you explain to me what you mean by worse things?" Lydia pushed on.

"You shouldn't be talking Miss Lydia. You're seen as a high suspect, considering the fact that you were the last person with Brian" Eric said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She stepped towards him.

"Anything. Murder isn't written on the forehead of a person" he said.

"Are you saying I killed Brian?" Her eyes grew wide.

"Nobody said anything about killing Brian and we're all certain Brian's missing not killed. Except,of course if you know anything about it, since you said it now" Eric said grinning.

"His phone was inside the toilet when we searched for him, how would you explain that?" She stepped forward.

"You didn't mention that to me before, did you? And furthermore, you could have put it there and still found it there with the others, fooling everyone" he said accusingly. It showed in his eyes, he was calling her a liar, and a kidnapper, and a murderer with just a stare and Lydia was barreling forward to pluck those eyes out when Fred stood right at her front.

"Okay. Okay." He motioned for her to join the others and took Eric to the other end.

Lydia exhaled and inhaled deeply. Breathe Lydia. It was the only way to make her think right and keep herself from strangling a police officer. She watched as Eric whispered softly to Fred's hearing, staring at her. Then Fred also said something that made Eric calm down. She tried to listen harder and heard Fred saying; "you should be better than this Eric, that's enough" oh right, she thought silently to herself, that was enough.