Pg 28

She gently opened the door and clutched her teeth together because of the loud noise the door made, making her plan to enter the house silently, useless.

It wasn't until she stepped inside that the thought of what she had done hit her like a time bomb. She had stepped into a very...very...very dark building and didn't know what was in store for her.

The sound of box falling, nearly knocked the heat of her body and disengaging the spirit from off her flesh. With instinct, she placed her hands inside her pocket to get her phone and on the torch light, but she placed her hands inside a wet pocket and more disappointingly, there was no phone.

What am I doing?! She swore. She could barely see a thing, there was no torch or light or electricity in this building and it wasn't going to be dawning any moment from now. She wasn't sure what the time was, but she knew that it was far into the night and her phone, the only source of help, was lost.

Then there was another loud tumbling of boxes again and Lydia quickly moved towards the sound.

It was odd, she couldn't explain this feeling. But, she had a very strong feeling that someone was in here with her.

*****

"Rachael what are you doing here?" Red quickly dragged Rachael to his hiding spot.

"Red..." Rachael froze, looking steadily at Red; "this, was, where, I, found, Eric"

The words Rachael whispered descended on Red one by one and his mouth finally responded to his brain. "What-- You--- Please explain"

"When you guys were wondering what happened to the dead body in the beach, my eyes roved around and by God, I saw Eric coming here. I followed behind, feeling his movement was fishy. He entered this bungalow and I followed. I saw him arguing with someone in here" Rachael narrated.

"Did you hear what they said?" Red asked her.

"They were talking about a body. Eric was really angry with the man but I didn't know why. It seemed like someone was dead and I was scared it was Brian so I foolishly asked which body they were both talking about and the other man disappeared"

"Disappeared?" Red interrupted her; "what do you mean by the man disappeared?"

"I didn't see him again. Eric stood, pointing a gun at me and that was when I knew I had heard what I wasn't supposed to hear" Rachael said.

"Eric shut you. How did we not hear the gun sound?" Red asked.

"He didn't shoot me. I was quick enough to tackle him but he hit me on my waist with a knife before I could run away from him" Rachael said.

"And you did run away... And you bled your way back to the white house" Red concluded for her.

"Red, is Lydia in there?" Rachael asked with fear written all over her countenance.

******

"Hello" Lydia called out. "Hello!" She screamed and immediately felt like slapping herself for doing that. She was supposed to be quiet. If the person in here with her - because she knew that someone was definitely inside here - was dangerous, she didn't want to let the person know and attack her.

But it was too late, she swallowed. Still walking vaguely, she perceived something. The smell seemed familiar... It smelt like... What was it... Yellow soup?

The smell of the yellow soup was so strong, that she could follow the smell.

She followed.

Not seeing where she was going, she followed.

Not knowing what she was walking into, she followed.

Not with her eyes, but with her nose, she followed.

And like it happens in movies, a metal rod hit her head. Her legs gave way and she fell on her knees, dazed and running for her dear life, she looked back; "Mr Barlow?"