Pg 17

Was it half an hour now? Two hours? Three hours? Lydia couldn't tell, but she knew she had falling asleep to a good measure. She winced and watched her surroundings, the room was quit filled up now. So many strange faces where inside the room. Eric and the other police men must soon be through with their interrogations, because the people inside the white house were so many, she could hardly see Rachael and the squad.

She had gotten away from where Jenny sat crying tiredly and had gone to the other end of the room, sitting on the bare ground. It was a cemented ground but no doubt it must be staining her trousers. Lydia groaned. She couldn't bear Jenny's crying ad had gone to the other side of the room, thinking about what Jenny said. What if the so called man had come for Brian? Was Brian going to be shut by the same man? And who'd be next if her assumptions were true; Red? Mark? Jason?

She felt so sick and tired. In fact so many emotions were going through her brain. She was annoyed at herself for coming to this party, she was angry for even flying to Massachusetts in the first place. She furrowed her eyebrows as she thought. Not only am I stocked with this bloody mess, she cursed, but everyone here now sees me as a bloody suspect. She knew she was in her last nerve, she only let out cursed words when she was very angry.

How long would it take the police men to do their job? She looked out the wide window. There was no window but it was a big square shaped hole and obviously not a door. She could hardly see any movements in the bar, because it was the dead of the night and everywhere was dark. She stood up, scanning the room for the others.

She saw Jenny, still crying sitting on the floor, then Rachael right beside her, then Mark and she could see the others. She took one step to get to them then something silly came to her mind. She should sneak away.

Hell yeah! There were windows big enough for her to escape through and two led directly to the back of the white house making her escape even easier. A jolt of excitement rushed into her vein. She looked back at the others, and after one last glance at them, she walked to the window. She didn't care if she would get caught by the police or be reprimanded for running away from tactical issue. They could call her a wanted suspect tomorrow and search the whole town for her, but she'd be long gone to LA. I have to escape.

And escape, she did. It wasn't easy climbing out a window with an excuse that she was pressed, but it worked. Now where? She looked at her dark surroundings and saw the lighthouse. She was getting to know Brian... Hell, she like-like him. She reflected back; "Brian where are you?" She asked rhetorically. She had to go back to her hotel room, she knew that was the only reason she just jumped down an uncompleted building window, but for no reason at all, her legs where leading her directly to the lighthouse.

Walking slowly and noiselessly, she passed the bar, kept on walking, she walked besides the shore of the beach. The beach wave was unceremoniously noisy and troubling, making her scared. She was scared alright. Apart from the beach waves noise, the eerie cold and creepy darkness was enough to make one scared.

"Aaaaaaaah!" Lydia screamed. All her face grew white. She stood akimbo. There was a dead body, filled with blood, right at her front. She watched as the sea washed the body; back and forth, back and forth, it washed the blood away continuously. Horror struck her. It couldn't be-

With what felt like the remaining strength in her legs, she walked forward to the body laying down on the bare sand. As she looked at the face of the person laying down on the sand, all the hair on her body rose, she stopped breathing. No... She couldn't breathe again.

Oh thank goodness, her mind scanned the face. .... It wasn't Brian!