Pg 23

WHITE HOUSE
03:17 AM

Lydia tried to process what Rachael had just said. Rachael couldn't talk for a whole hour and when she opened her mouth it was "Eric" that came out. Lydia thought heavily, furrowing her eyebrows. Wasn't Eric that grumpy police officer? Was Rachael telling her that Officer Eric was involved in her disappearance? Was that why he had been behaving so annoyingly towards her? Yes of course, it was!

She remained breathless. "Rachael are you sure of what you're saying?"

"Eric pointed a gun at me Lydia! He tried to shoot me Lydia!" Rachael spat out, fear, anger and pain on her face.

How couldn't I sense this? Lydia thought to herself. "Officer!" She quickly walked outside to the first officer she saw, saying; "Rachael has spoken!" Fred turned to look at Lydia, then his eyes widened as he saw Rachael storm out of the white house.

"He tried to shoot me! He tried to shoot me!" And as if that wasn't enough she cried out; "Eric pointed a gun at me!-----"

"It's okay, it's okay Rachael, it's okay" Lydia quickly stepped beside her and calmed her down, she was uncontrollably shaking all over. Lydia held her tightly.

She had caused a scene and everybody were outside the white house. Fred looked around the people watching and heaved, taking his gaze back to Rachael, he asked; "you're very sure it was Eric you saw?"

"Officer I know what I bloody saw. I saw Eric pointing a fucking gun at me alright!" She swore vehemently.

Lydia swallowed and she thought she saw Fred swallow uncomfortably too. She couldn't really blame Rachael of swearing, considering the circumstances. "Officer Fred she's laid her testimony. I think you need to get her to the hospital now" Lydia said.

"Walt!" Fred called out to one of the officers. "She's spoken, take her to the hospital right now" he ordered and police men and ambulance workers walked around. "We need to find Eric" he couldn't believe he said that to a seventeen year old girl. He was lost for words. That seventeen year old girl was Lydia by the way, who was obviously older than seventeen.

"Eric?" He called out. "Eric?!" He literally thundered. Lydia flinched at his roar. This was bad timing, it seemed Eric was no where to be found. But, it didn't take Lydia less than a minute to find Eric who was busy discussing with another police officer.

"Fred, Eric's here!" Lydia called out.

"Eric, we need to talk now" Fred said and Eric furrowed his brow.

"Any updates on Brian yet?" Eric casually said.

And it happened right in front of Lydia like a flash. Fred punched Eric on the face making Eric hit the police car, then taking four strides towards him, Fred said; "Rachael has spoken"