Pg 35

Lydia felt so weak as she yawned to full awakening. How long had she slept? Ten hours? Twenty hours? She looked at the wall clock and let out another yawn. It was only ten o'clock.

Where am I? She felt a blasting pain on her head as she tried raising her head up. Everything and everywhere looked weird to her, then it all came back to her like a rushing wind. The vacation, this hotel, the bar, Mr Barlow, Rachael, Brian, the party, the murder case and then, the end.

She felt a sudden headache and winced in pain. The bruises and blows and headache she sustained were not something she would forget anytime soon.

She thought of Brian and felt sad, it was his fucking birthday. She thought of his friends; Red, Mark and Jason and what they'll be up to now, probably still sleeping. She thought of the others also; Jude, Jenny, Lilly, Pearl and Rachael.....

How is Rachael doing, she had lost so much blood yesterday or was it today? Lydia groaned as she laid on bed.

She should go back to sleep, they were all still probably sleeping and she had had a very eventful night, but she wanted to know everyone would be alright.

But how? She had no phone. Her phone had either got lost in the river when she was swimming or at the beach. She didn't know exactly when. And even if she was with her phone, she didn't have any of their numbers.

She didn't feel bad about that because, she didn't want to socialize in the first place and get everybody's number but Rachael's number would be really good to have, she thought.

Ring! Ring!

The hotel telephone rang.

"Hello?"

"Lydia! It's me! Rachael!"

"Rachael? What...how?"

"Oh, I remembered when you told me you lodged at the Brink hotel and called the hotel telling them it was a matter of life and death and I needed to speak with my sister" Rachael explained from over the phone.

Lydia couldn't help but giggle; "I can't believe you" then she added; "how's your health?"

"I'm fine really. The doctors are doing a great job. I just wanted to know what you were doing now"

"Oh...um...I just woke up"

"I was thinking you should pull up here later. Red and the others are coming to visit me at the hospital later in the day" Rachael said.

"I'll try"

"I'll be expecting you"

"Okay, talk later?"

"Later"

"Bye" Lydia hung up. Standing up from the bed, she headed for the bathroom, had a quick bathe, packed her things, checked out, to the airport and off to LA.