Pg 34

Instantly, the police men rushed inside and helped Lydia and Red walk out of the building. They also took Mr Barlow with them.

"Oh, Lydia" Rachael hugged Lydia and Jason and the rest followed suit, hugging Lydia and then Red.

They all walked together passed the lighthouse back to the party ground where it all started. The sun was rising from the east, indicating morning.

The police men had taking Mr Barlow to the back seat of their car. Lydia watched as Fred approached her, striding with his long police fitted trousers and long legs.

"We'll see what we can do about his gun shut, then jail him according to what he deserves" he motioned to Mr Barlow in the car, then smiling he added; "thank you Lydia"

She nodded and smiled back, responding to his handshake.

The police cars blared their sirens as they drove out of the beach one by one, with Rachael also in one of the cars taking her to the hospital. Everyone walked out of the beach, following suit.

Lydia could scent the fresh morning breeze and the next thought that came to her mind was Eric. Odd, because that was the last thing she should be thinking about. "And what about Eric?" She asked Brian's friends.

"He'll be arrested for sure" Jason replied her.

She took a look at the threesome which had been foursome, at couldn't help the feeling of sympathy that rushed in her. "I'm sorry... About your loss..." She consoled them.

"It's sad enough, but we'll be well" Mark said.

"Can we talk about this tomorrow? I can barely walk" Red said and they all burst out laughing.

It felt good and refreshing to laugh again.

"Alright. Goodnight" Lydia said as she went in a different direction.

"Or good morning" Red said, smiling at her.

And so they walked out of the beach.

Lydia looked back one more time at the beach, the bar, the lighthouse and the pathway leading to that creepy bungalow whare house. So much for a night birthday party, she thought.