Fallen Fragments - Age 16 (Fenrys POV)

AN:
Jsyk the order of these in the timeline goes:
The Sweetest Sunlight, six
Shattering the Invisible
Fallen Fragments
The Sweetest Sunlight, seven
Etc

Jealous Fenrys was asked for, it was promised, and now it is given!
Enjoy ;)

.

Every inch of me burned with rage. I've never felt this way before, not before the war, nor during, and certainly not after. And I suppose it's laughable that something so small and insignificant could make me so furious as I am, but I don't see the humor in it at all. I only see red.

When she was younger it was easier, she was a child and nothing but time would bring her to me. But then as the days and years passed, she grew older, and she grew away from me, and straight to him.

As children I might have been able to see the appeal in the friendship, might have understood her desire to have a friend whom she chose for herself, especially one who had easy access to mountains of chocolate. But as they grew older I was forced to watch their friendship grow into something else. And has poisoned me each day.

Why? Why him? What was so interesting about the boy? The child. The baker's son. Was it only humor that kept her there? Did she pity him? Was it only for the sweets? What about him drew her to him? And why did she open her heart for him to take?

Those were the questions that continuously plagued my mind, trying to make sense of it all. But the even stronger question: why not me?

From day one, I knew that it was going to take time, a lot of time. But I'd always assumed that as she grew older I'd shift from an uncle figure in her life to a friend and then when she became interested in that sort of thing to-

Either way, it doesn't matter. Because even though I was there first, he somehow got to her before I could and won her over before I got the chance.

She was probably with him now, and the thought only worsened my already bad temper, fuling the rage that burned within me to a dangerous white.

Each time I'd come across her with him was worse than the next: they'd have grown closer to each other and the love in their eyes would only have grown, and I hate seeing them together. I hate the way he tucks her to his side, I hate the way he kisses her like it's his right, and I hate the way she lets him and how she kisses him back. I hate the way she smiles for him.

And the way she never seems to smile at me anymore.

Now whenever she sees me approaching them she'll grow cautious and defensive, only drawing closer to him. And whenever I see her in the castle when he's not around she'll cave in on herself and pull away from me. And I hate it.

Above everything else, I hate how he drives us apart.

I know Rowan hates it too. Everytime his name comes up, his jaw clenches and I can see only murder and torture plans forming in his pine green eyes. Aelin, I know, doesn't like it either, but after he made her an entire cart full of various chocolate cakes, she hasn't humored his death as much.

But either way, the thing that I know is actually stopping us, is how Elena would react. And though once she realized we were mates she might understand, she'd never forgive any of us for taking him away from her. But time will do that for me.

Only, if I had patience before, seeing him press a kiss to her brow, shattered it.

But that was nothing compared to how I felt when I scented what he'd taken from her. And this time, I don't know if I'll be able to hold myself back the next time I see him.