Three Is None, Three - Age Three (Fenrys POV)

AN:
As you know, normally I don't post this early in the week, but today's my sisters birthday and I want to dedicate this to her!

I love you so much sis, and I can't imagine my life without you!

-Leia 🥰🥳

"Thank you for the chocolate cake." She says after a moment of walking in silence, and I look down at her little figure waltzing beside my large one, down the hall. "Well you did say you could eat a lot of cake. I didn't want to miss the show." I say and her little smile grows.

We reach her room, It's actually a suite: entry corridor, large bedroom set with: a four poster bed much to big for her little frame, couches, attached bathroom, balcony overlooking the mountains, her own personal arsenal (though she's not supposed to go in alone yet), massive closet, large windows with seats, and a side room meant for an office of sorts, for it indeed has a desk, but Elena requested that I would be turned into a small private library. And by small, she meant: Bookcases covering practically every inch of wall and running up to the tall ceiling, with a small walkway and railing jutting out to get to the books on the higher shelves, which it is now.

"Wait here." She tells me, and I sit down on one of the plush couches while her maids: Orena, and Vosera, attend to her. After a few minutes she reenters in a dark red nightgown, and begins to drag me into her bedchamber and onto her cloud soft bed.

Well actually she took a bit of a leap to get herself on the bed, squirmed up into a sitting position against the pillows, and then took my hand again and pulled me into a sitting position beside her. "So, are you going to go to sleep or are we bargaining for extra time?" I ask, settling into the bed. Knowing her, it'll be the second.

"Oh Uncle Fenrys, that book was just so exciting and I had to leave it on a cliff hanger! I'll never be able to get it out of my head and go to sleep now! You know that!" she whined, and slouched back into the pillows with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Do I?" I tease and she makes a firm nod, though a tiny smile comes across her lips. "Well what am I to do with this knowledge?!" I sigh in exasperation.

"We could get chocolate cake?" she looks to me with a mischievous grin.

"You ate your entire cake, and most of mine, and now you want more!?" I question with high brows. But she only smiles a sleepy smile and says, "The stomach wants what the stomach wants!"

"Well then, I guess we shouldn't argue with your stomach." I say and her eyes light up, in the way they always do when she gets what she wants. I chuckle and ring for one of her maids. Orena answers not a minute later and scurries off for the kitchen at my request. She then returns with a large chocolate cake and smiles to me with a knowing smile.

I then bring the cake back to Elena and her eyes ignite at the sight before her, and I sit back down on the bed and take a spoon filled with cake and hold it out for her. She wastes no time in taking the chocolaty goodness in her mouth and soon I have another spoon full for her. And then another, and then another. When the cake is far over half gone, I set it down on the table beside her bed.

"Anymore and you'll be sick." I say and she pouts, but then smiles and takes the spoon, filling it again and holding it out for me. I laugh and let her feed me the sweet dessert. She smiles at my obedience and fills the spoon again. I can see where this is heading, but I just chuckle and continue to eat the cake. I like this, not just the cake, delicious as it is, but this moment.

I don't care that she's only three years old, I don't care that she doesn't know yet, and won't for a long time, I don't care that I'll wait years and years for her to learn the truth and for me to learn if she'll accept it. For now I'll enjoy this moment, where I'm relaxing in a bed, late at night, letting my mate feed me chocolate cake.

When the platter is empty and she sets it back on the small table, I snap out of my thoughts and let reality sink back in. "So, you've had cake. Now are you ready for bed?"
I ask, but the little princess just flops back down on the bed and sighs. "No. I still can't get the book out of my head."

"Then what am I to do?" I ask and tickle her stomach. "Your parents think I'm putting you to sleep."

She thinks for a minute, and then says, "You could tell me a story!"

"A story?"

"Yes! To help get the book out of my head! I don't know why I didn't think of this before!" she says and there's something in her tone that makes me pause.

"Oh yes, if you had only thought of this before then we wouldn't have had to waste all that time with the chocolate cake." I say with a raised brow and she just shrugs shyly.

"So what story would you like? One of your books?" I ask, nodding to her library. But she frowns in thought and shakes her head. "No, I think I'd like to hear one of your stories if you wouldn't mind sharing them with me?" she says and smiles in such a hopeful way that I have to wrack my memories for a happy story to tell the innocent child.

"Alright," I say and prepare myself for the trip down memory lane. "Once upon a time, there lived two twin wolves, one black and one white...."

***

"The end." I finish off the short story. Choosing a happy memory was hard, telling it was even harder. But the way Elena listened, made me feel like it wasn't just a goodnight story, but that she really wanted to know.

I'd chosen to talk about the time Con and I had snuck into our father's arsenal, we were young then and when we were found we got in so much trouble, but the way being around all those weapons for the first time, it made me feel awake. Like my fae instincts just knew that one day I would master all those beautiful weapons.

"That's a good story." Elena yawns from her position, laying against the pillows. "I think I like the twin wolves."

"Oh you do, do you?" I say and tuck the blankets more securely around her small frame. She nods and snuggles further into the bed. "Thank you."

"Hm?"

"Thank you for the cake, thank you for the story, thank you for putting me to sleep." She says and I see her eyes starting to become heavy.

"Your welcome." I say and get up out of the bed, walking around to the other side where I can reach her more easily. She turns over to look at me, and I carefully run a hand over her brow and tuck the loose hairs behind her ear. She smiles, and I know that she'll be asleep in a matter of moments, so I give her a quick kiss on the cheek and walk out of the room, bringing the empty cake platter.

But just as I'm about to leave the room, I turn back and take one more look at her little figure, sleeping in bed, and whisper, "Goodnight princess."