Hell Of A Birth, One - Age 3/12 (Fenrys POV)

AN:
Just a quick note before reading this chapter:

The magic in it may seem a little confusing, and that's partly because Fenrys's magic is never thoroughly explained, but I did my best.

Anyways enjoy!

"This is just so unfair!" the little princess said for about the fiftieth time this evening.
"Evangeline's going! And I'll bet Sorcha will be there too! Everyone gets to go except me! It's not fair!!" she'd been complaining for the past few days since Aelin and Rowan left for Perranth, for the birth of Elide and Lorcan's first child. And since the bonding of their lives, they were taking extra precautions to make sure the birth went well. So Elena was left behind in Orynth with me to watch over her.

"I'm here with you. You're not the only one locked in your room princess. You think I want to miss the birth of my brother's child?"

"Well you could show you care a bit more, instead of sitting there with that silly smirk."

"I thought you liked my smirk!" I cry in fake outrage, but I can tell she feels bad. She's just a kid, and misses her parents. "Hey, come here." I say, holding my arms open and she enters my embrace. "I know you want to be there, I do too. But there's nothing to be done about it now. So what do you say we go have the time of our lives without them!"

She looks up at me with her multi colored eyes, overflowing with mischief and excitement. And then she nods her little head so fast I think it will snap off, however it stays fully attached as we make our way from the sitting room to go raise hell.

***

After chasing her around the castle while she repeatedly shouts curse words, we come up with a game we like to call- light wars. Since our discovery of her powers not just with fire, but with light, our games have gotten a lot more creative. Basically how the game works is this: you run around the castle halls, rooms, corridors, kitchens, anything, throwing any kind of weapon you can think of, made entirely out of light. So henceforth: no one gets hurt. Well, that is except for the maids, cooks, and anyone else we happened to "run" into. I stopped keeping track after a guard almost got hit in the face with a dagger, and had to dive into the next room to avoid it, accidentally barging in on a couple that were having some "private time" but luckily Elena had already run off, so she didn't have to witness the moment.

Now darting through one of the storage rooms, Elena ducks behind a big wooden crate as I fling a shimmering golden spear in her direction. The crate bursts open and a flood of apples comes pouring out, but Elena takes no notice as she hurls a white hot axe at me. I shield and the axe melts away into the shadows, but before I can counterattack she's leaping over bags of flour and grains, and I race on after her.

Now you would think that because of her much shorter legs she would be quite a bit slower than me, and you'd mostly be right, however just as we reach the top of the mound and I'm about to grab her, claiming my victory, she swings her legs over the edge, and slides down the other side. By the time I've followed in suit, she's already out of the room.

I leap up and dart on after her, barging into the next room and startling quite a number of birds, I see that I'm now in the stables. But where is... There! Galloping away down the field on her Asterion mare: Naleli. Shifting I give off a howl at the thrill of the chase, and bound after her.

Though Asterion horses are the fastest in the world, and Naleli is no exception, I can tell they're not galloping at full speed, so I'm able to catch up fairly soon, and run alongside the galloping white horse. Elena turns to me and smiles, sending off a volley of arrows in my direction. Most of them fall short and are far behind me as we run, but a few of them come close enough that I shield.

We've now reached the edge of the great plane and dart into the forest, and the smell of pine and shade fill my snout. I take a deep breath, filling my lungs with the cool scent and continue my hunt.

Though Naleli is big, and the trees are starting to get thicker, she seems to be in no trouble, darting around trees, and over fallen logs. Elena is clearly having the time of her life, as her skin starts to glow with joy.

I leap over a pile of rocks and dart quickly by Naleli's dappled legs, causing her to neigh and veer to the other side, out into a clearing. Perfect.

With no trees or rock to get in the way I send a wave of light ahead of the speeding horse. It falls directly in front of them, and erupts. Naleil gives off a startled neigh, and rears up on her hind legs, throwing Elena from her back. Quick as a flash, I dart for the princess, shift to my fae form, and catch the girl before she can hit the ground. "Caught you." I smirk down at her.

She gives a good try, wriggling and squirming, trying to escape, but I have a good hold on her. "Fine." She huffs, and a smile brakes out across my face. I set her down and we take a look around the clearing: green grass, wild flowers, at the base of a looming mountain lake. Naleli apparently likes the place too, and is now grazing to her heart's content.

I look back down at the little princess by my side and inwardly sigh. I can tell by the way her face is lit up with excitement that "light wars" was just the beginning to the day's adventures.

AN:
Ok soo the part where he sends a flash of light ahead of Naleli, what he's doing is creating a shield in front of them to spook her.

Not sure if you already got that or not but I thought I'd put it in here in case to avoid confusion.

I'll try to update on Saturday but it's been a really busy week for me 😂

Enjoy your day!

-Leia 🥰