The Hunt, Three - Age 11 (Fenyrs POV)

AN:
Yay!
I'm so excited for this part!! I hope you guys like it!! 🥰

Enjoy!

.

Where in the gods be damned range is she?

I'd been searching for the better part of five hours, nearing six, and still not a sign of her. Rowan and Vaughan had already called four times. Four found, two left to go. My guess is Almuru has already been found by Aelin, who made it her personal goal for the day to beat Lorcan.

Most likely Evangeline and Tama have also been found. Being human is a great disadvantage, in a game like this, but I'm sure they did well. As for Veru, and Tuuli, I'm not as sure. Veru has the advantage of being able to shift into something small and hard to find, however, I don't think he's the best at hiding his scent. Tuuli I'm sure is doing spectacularly well hiding from Lorcan. The look she gave the cheering crowd at the beginning was enough to convince most everyone that she would be hard to catch.

Elena. I've been searching for her since the blast of the horn to begin our hunt, but true to her word, I haven't gotten a whiff of her scent. Nothing. Like she just completely vanished, though I know that's not the case. I just need to think it out, I know that's how she did it. Think. She and Aelin have minds like nothing I've seen before. The masterful plans that the two of them come up with! (They are no longer allowed to be on the same team when we play stronghold).

The last time I saw her, she was still in her fae form, sprinting northwest. Now, however, I'm not sure. She could have made some crazy loop to try and lose me, but that would've taken quite a lot of her time. Searching the caves of the western mountains was a waste of time, so I'm not keen on repeating the same method in the eastern mountains, but I may not have a choice.

A shrill cry pierces the silence and I curse. Vaughan. Someone's been found. Leaving one left: Elena.

Fuck!

I'm about to head east when I stop short. Something inside me resists the idea, hates it. Keeping me where I am. Again I try, walking in the other direction but then I feel it. Strong as when I first met her, like a rope of pure light and sun. Pulling, west, back.

Slowly I take a step back the way I just came and it's like a crisp wind blows through me, clearing my head. Another step. Another. Following the light inside of me, leading me, guiding me.

Come. Come. Come find me. It seems to call, in a voice of sunbeams and warmth: Elena.

My paws halt on a patch of soft moss. Refusing to continue the way I was trotting. I begin to doubt myself. Maybe I was imagining it.

But there it is again: No, here. This way. This way.

South, to the river. My feet pick up again. Faster than before, and soon I'm running, bounding through the woods, following my heart, following her voice. I leap over a berry bush accidentally crashing into the top a little bit, and into the clusters of the vibrant fruits. I'll have stains on my coat for days!

But that's the lease of my problems as I now find that the bush was bordering the steam, and I hardly care about my now pink stained coat as the numbing water washes over me. Fighting the current, I kick with my powerful legs, paddling to the river's edge. Just as my claws catch on some rocks and I'm about to heave myself up and out of the cold stream, something stops me.

Come. This way. I'm here.

Sighing in whatever way you can in wolf form, I release my grip on the rocks and continue swimming down the river, following the pull. Down the river I paddle, as the voice of my mate guides me, until the river slows down to a steady stream.