CHAPTER TWO.

A bright light burned Jeongguk's eyes as he was brought into a room filled with white colored walls. Light shined brightly and he almost went blind.

He then was forced to sit down. Hands cuffed. Jeongguk gulped. The pictures of his father and grandmother's dead bodies etched onto his mind like a broken record. An officer sat in front of him

Namjoon hummed, looking at the raven haired with an intense gaze and curiosity. "Alright Mr Jeon. Do you know why you're here?"

Jeongguk gulped hard. Tears pooling in his eyes, ready to stream down and ducked his head down, his cries can be heard. Of course, he knows why he was here.

Namjoon sighed, feeling sympathy for the poor boy. "Did you see the face of the killer perhaps?"

A sharp nod came from Jeongguk. "If so, can you describe what they look like?"

"H-he is from t-that mafia," he stuttered. Jeongguk slowly raised up his head, gazing into Namjoon's eyes behind his thick glasses.

A drop of a pen echoed the whole room. Jeongguk flinched at the sound. "That mafia?"

"Yes, that mafia." Namjoon nodded and wrote something in his notebook. So a member of that mafia killed them, huh?

"And what does he have anything to do with your family to kill them?"

Jeongguk looked down again. He doesn't know, really. He knows both of his grandmother and father would never do such a thing to a mafia member, or a mafia leader at that. So why did the mysterious man kill them?

"H-he-, the man with the mysterious mask said something about my g-grandma," Jeongguk slowly breathed, "He said he now finally killed h-her and my father. Detective, my granny and my father were good people! They didn't do anything bad or anything, please." Jeongguk cried silently again.

Namjoon looked at him with shock. "Did you just say he was wearing a mask?"

Oh boy, this is not good. Not at all. Everyone knows that the leader of the biggest mafia syndicate in the country wears a mask whenever he decides to roam around the city area and do a bloodbath. Every member of that mafia wears a face mask, only their eyes can be seen but their leader, he is the only one who is always wearing a full mask onto his face. What did the family of Jeongguk do to the leader to make him kill them?

Namjoon fixed his glasses and stared at Jeongguk. He can't believe this. He also cannot believe that the poor raven haired survived the attack of the leader. No one survives that unless he spared you and made you join their gang to be a member.

"H-he is the leader I think," Fuck, Namjoon thought.

"Okay, kid. We'll do an investigation for that. Also, we found out that you're underaged. If so, what were you doing at that club?" Jeongguk flinched. Shit, he forgot about the party.

"I-"

"Jeongguk!"

A loud noise can be heard outside the door. Namjoon went to the door to find out what's happening outside. There are muffled voices and Jeongguk sure knows that one of them is Jimin's.

"Where the fuck is he?"

Jeongguk widened his eyes. That voice. That voice seemed familiar, and before he could react, a loud punch traveled on his jaw, making him fall off to the floor.

The raven haired's hand immediately went up to touch his cheek. Jesus, that punch was hard.

"I can't believe I made out with a minor!" a loud deep voice shouted, belonging to the handsome stranger Jeongguk had met back at the club.

Shawn.

"Okay, okay. Guards hold him," Namjoon tsked and the guards held Shawn back from pouncing again on the raven haired boy.

Jeongguk now feels utter shit. He felt dizzy and vision fading into dark spots from the punch. Guilt is the only thing Jeongguk can feel right now. Guilt from not saving his loved ones and to this.

My birthday turned into one of the worst days of my life, if not, the worst day ever.

The raven haired looked up, "We will not send you back home, we feared the killer or should I say, the leader might come back to end your life. For the meantime, you will stay with your friend Jimin here. He insisted."

"Will you find that bastard and prison him?" He can't help but to ask.

Namjoon looked away from him. He knows they can't. Everyone can't, not even the police or the government can hunt the leader of the syndicate. They are very very powerful. They are basically above the government. They control everything.

"We will, don't worry."

And Jeongguk knows it's a lie.

-

"You can sleep into the guest room, Gguk."

It's now 2:30 am in the morning. Roughly five hours since the murder incident occurred. Jeongguk felt numb from the pain. He hasn't said anything since the last conversation he had with the tall detective.

Jimin looked at him with a lot of pity. He knows his best friend is not doing okay, probably not ever. He fears this incident could lead to his biggest fear. The fear of losing his best friend, forever.

The raven haired wounds had already patched up. Small spots of blood are still in his cheeks and arms. It's so obvious the raven haired tried everything to fight back the killer.

"I'm gonna wash up and sleep."

The raven haired numbly said and went to the guest room. Jimin nodded and looked at his window, guards were everywhere, protecting his whole house.

Jeongguk doesn't deserve this.

Meanwhile in the bathroom, silent cries can be heard. Cries that are filled with pain and pure agony. Jeongguk's naked figure filled with water on the bathtub. Eyes staring into nothing. He felt the guilt slowly crushing him inside.

I should have saved them. I should've never gone to that party.

"You're a fucking disgrace," Jeongguk tells to himself.

"How can you not save them? You are fucking pathetic."

"You should've been the one who was killed."

"If you were earlier, you could've saved them, you idiot!"

Negative thoughts are filling up his whole mind and he cannot control it. His own mind blames him for his whole actions and he cannot help but to cry again.

"You should perish. That's the only thing you can do to be with them again."

Jeongguk stopped. What a great idea, he thought.

But then, he couldn't help but to bitterly chuckle. No, he would not kill himself, not yet. Not until he killed the man who killed his family. Not until he gets his revenge.

Revenge.

What a bittersweet word that can end up in the most tragic ways. Jeongguk knows revenge would not do something to his life nor his precious granny would ever want him to do that. But he wants to, so fucking badly. He does not care at the moment, he is not that patient enough to wait karma to hit that fucking killer.

He wants to be his karma.

A downfall. His downfall. He will end that mafia syndicate. He will do everything just to bring justice for his father and for his grandmother. They don't deserve such death.

Until he can get revenge and kill him, only then will he kill himself.

Jeongguk clenches his fist in anger, determination and hunger for revenge flashes on his eyes. It consumed him as a whole.

"I will find you and make sure you reach hell this time. I'll fucking get my revenge. Just you wait I'll end it all."