CHAPTER THIRTY ONE.

"W-What?"

Jeongguk's blood ran cold. He can hear his heartbeat stop and body stiffen. Tears immediately welling up in his doe eyes.

T-Taehyung is V?

"No..." Jeeongguk shook his head in denial. He can't believe this. There is no way this is happening. This can't be. Taehyung can't be him, right?

The poor doe eyed male holds his head and grips his hair, crying heavily and tears pouring like teardrops falling to the ground.

All this time, V was Taehyung and he didn't know?

The same man whom he fell deeply in love with. Loving, cherishing and giving him the world and also the same man who killed his family in the future was right beside him the whole time?

He could feel his heart shattered into many pieces. There's no way it will be healed once again as the truth finally comes out, setting a permanent pain in his chest. Jeongguk could feel himself fainting, from too many emotions that he's feeling right now.

Pain.

Sadness.

Betrayal.

His heart pounded faster, he could feel his vision blurry as Taehyung's dark eyes pierced into him. H-How could this happen? Jeongguk could only hope that none of this isn't real. That Taehyung, the man he loves is not actually V himself and that all of this wasn't a nightmare.

But indeed it was.

Staring at Taehyung who fixed his tie, whole body drenched in his father's blood and looking at his lover with his deep darkened gaze that made the younger feel small.

Jeongguk choked out in tears, the pain of betrayal was unbearable. Every vessel of his body screams in pain and he just badly wants to wake up from this nightmare.

How could he fall in love with the man who killed his family?

Jeongguk could hear Taehyung's loud footsteps, walking towards him and he felt the male kneeled in front of him and caressed his tear stained soft cheeks.

He flinched and gave Taehyung no- V a murderous glare he could ever muster. "D-Don't fucking t-touch me!"

Jeongguk growled and Taehyung retracted his hands away and let out a deep sigh. His hands left some blood on Jeongguk's cheeks and Taehyung could feel his stomach doing something, seeing the younger male having blood tainted on him and he can't help but imagine Jeongguk soaking and laying on a pool of blood.

The sight was so beautiful for Taehyung and he couldn't help but to make that dream come true someday.

Jeongguk let out a wailing sound, feeling his chest tighten seeing Taehyung so close to him and he shut his eyes, lips quivering in fear.

"Tae- I mean, V," Jihyun spoke, breaking the atmosphere between the two off. "I'm heading outside. Call me if you need me."

Jeongguk's heart broke once he heard Jihyun calling Taehyung, V and the male went out of the room with his men, leaving the two of them alone.

"No, no, no, this can't be true. Y-You're not him," Jeongguk sobbed, tears falling nonstop from his beautiful doe eyes. "Y-You're not him,"

"What are you talking about, baby?" Taehyung questioned, eyes softening seeing his lover crying like a mess in front of him.

The doe eyed male felt like the biggest fool in the world right now. How can he fall so hard for someone who he was supposed to kill in the first place?

The irony of Jeongguk time travelling in this era in hopes to find the killer himself and be able to kill him but instead, he fell for him.

And Jeongguk didn't know what to do with this information. He felt broken and helpless. He has to fucking kill the person who were the only one who gave him the world and love that he deserves?