Reminiscing

Olivia was watching the football game on her portable TV. A smile formed on her face when she saw Spencer James running on the field. She sighed before placing her hand on her right side of her face.

* Flashback to last night *

Olivia walking in the house. Sets her purse down, about to head upstairs but gets stopped by her husbands voice. "Where you been?" She turned the lights on to find Asher sitting on the rocking chair. Her throat tightened, making her swallow hard to be able to talk. "I was out with some friends" Asher took a huge gulp of his beer. Asher wiped his mouth before belching. "Is that so?" Olivia was scared. Every time Asher drinks, he's a lot worse than he is sober. "Yes..." she whispered. "You look like a fucking slut" he chuckled. Olivia looked down, trying her hardest not to cry. "Aw, did I make you sad?" he stood up before chugging the rest of his beer. He purposely dropped the bottle to the ground, with it shattering all over. " I know how to make you feel better" he unbuckled his pants before pulling them down. "Get down on your fucking knees and suck my dick like the bad bitch that you are" he told her. "Asher... no" she wanted this night to end already. She knew it was bound to happen again. Her husband laying his hands on her for the zillionth time. "What did you say to me?" He pulled his pants up "what the fuck did you just say to me?" He started walking towards her "Asher please" she begged "shut the fuck up and obey me bitch" he hit her to the ground.

End of Flashback

Olivia wasn't happy in her marriage. Every since she got married to Asher, things have changed. He drank before but now it's an every day thing since he is no longer in the NFL. Spencer was the reason that his career is over with. Hitting him hard in his knee, blowing it out, at the Super Bowl. Plus Miami won that championship game with Spencer being the MVP. To be able to see Spencer James continue to be successful in the NFL, made things a lot worse for Olivia. She's the ex girlfriend who always supports Spencer, even when they're not together anymore. He's Olivia's former best friend, former boyfriend, it just angers him. The more he abuses her, the less she loves him. She always reminisce on her relationship with Spencer. They began dating a little before their senior year was over. They dated for a good two years before they broke up. They haven't spoken since. And she got back together with Asher, her biggest mistake. Now she gets to see Spencer in two weeks for their high school class of 2021 reunion. She wasn't sure how the run-in was going to be. She knew it'll be awkward. She was so anxious for it. But the good thing is, Asher won't be there. She transferred from Beverly High to Crenshaw in the middle of her senior year so he won't be there. She didn't even tell him about the reunion.

Asher woke up, finally. He walked in the kitchen, Olivia quickly turned the game off. Not wanting to set him off, again. She looked away not saying a word. He saw the newly bruise on her right eye. "Did I do that?" She was silent, he stepped to her, placing his hand against her cheek. "Put some make up on, you look terrible" he kissed it with her wincing a little. He noticed so he brought her face closer to his kissing her lips aggressively, with her not kissing back. "I love you, to death. Don't forget that" he told her. "I have a few errands to run, so... I'll be home sometime this afternoon" he told her. "Don't leave this house. Clean this shit up" he said before walking out of the kitchen. The moment she heard the front door close, she turned the TV back on. Just in time for Spencer to score a 89 yard interception touchdown. She was so proud of him, seeing him do a little victory dance in the end zone made her smile but her smile faded when she remembers their break up.

* Flashback *

"I love you more" Spencer told her. "Impossible" she giggled, watching her boyfriend walk into Starbucks to grab them coffee. She realized he forgot his phone "Spencer" she yelled out the window but he was already inside. His phone then vibrated on the seat. She glanced over at it, seeing the message Hey baby, last night was fun ❤️ "What the fuck?" She felt her blood boiling as she waited impatiently for him to come back out. Her arms were folded, she was bouncing her leg uncontrollably. When Spencer got in the car it was show time. "Here's your caramel Frappuccino with extra caramel" he handed it to her. She didn't say thanks. She kept looking forward with an attitude. "You good?" He placed his coffee in the cup holder. "Mhm..." he knew something was wrong but wasn't going to continue to ask. The whole car ride they listened to music in silence. The more Olivia thought about the text, the more mad she's gotten. When they got back to his dorm it was for real show time. "What did I do? Because obviously you're mad at me for something unless you're on your monthly or something" he told her. "Funny how you men always bring that up when you do us wrong" Spencer was confused. "Here's your coffee" he held it out for her. "I don't want that shit" she mumbled. "What did I do? You're mad at me and not even telling me why you're mad at me" he was getting frustrated. "Don't act brand new Spencer. I saw your phone" he was confused. "I saw what she said" he pulled his phone out seeing the message. "Who is this chick saying 'baby last night was fun' with an heart emoji?!" She shouted. "It's not a big deal. You know her—" she cut him off "I don't give a damn if I know her, she's calling you baby and leaving you heart emojis and shit" Olivia was furious. "Rochelle is my study partner" she raised an eyebrow. "A study partner?! So how about I go call up Asher to be my study partner" she told him. "You go do that" Spencer was jealous from hearing that. "What's wrong? You don't want me to study with Ash? You don't want him to message me ' Baby last night was fun' what's wrong does that piss you off? Maybe I should message him right now—" he hollered "You're tripping Liv. Me and Rochelle aren't doing anything. You reading into it wrong. We're just friends" he told her. "Yeah.." she scoffed. "You don't believe me? Baby, look—" she took a step back shaking her head when he tried taking her hand. "I'm gonna do something that'll break my heart... that I might regret but I need to protect myself for what's destined to happen. I can't do this, I just need to protect my heart by letting you go. Spencer help me let you go.... You're gonna go off to play in the NFL, live your dream with many women falling at your feet... women like Rochelle" a tear fell down her face. "Liv..." he felt his heart break. She tucked her lips in before she looked at him "...I'm so sorry Spencer" she opened his door, leaving.

End of Flashback

Olivia had tears falling down her face. She was regretting that day. If she wouldn't have allowed her jealousy to stand in the way, she wouldn't be in a abusive marriage right now. She remembered crying every night for a 2 months before she got back together with Asher. It was like she needed Asher to block the pain but the pain never left. Spencer began dating Rochelle briefly after they broke up. She wasn't sure if it was to make her jealous or because that was his intention the entire time. She just knows it made her hurt even more. Having to see them on campus, loved up reminded her of when he got back together with Layla after Vegas. Rumor has it, he was single but it didn't matter since she was married and they didn't end on good terms.

Spencer got back to his hotel after celebrating with his teammates. He knew that he was going back to California tomorrow for the 10 year class of 2021 reunion in which will be in 2 weeks. But next week it's Miami's bye week and the following week, the reunion is on a Friday and his game against the LA Chargers was the next day. So many faces he hasn't seen in so long that he was ready to see. The main one was his former best friend and ex girlfriend, Olivia Baker. Little did he know, she was married. He knew she got back with Asher 2 months after they broke up but that's all he knew. They didn't keep in touch because they did not end on good terms. He knows when he runs into Olivia, if she shows up, it will be awkward. But he was very anxious to see her. Even though they haven't been on good terms, even though they're not friends anymore, he still thinks about her on a daily. He wonders how she's doing, wonders if she is happy, wondering what if? He wish she would've understood that there was nothing going on with him and Rochelle but he also understood why Olivia got upset that day. Instead of sitting down and talking about the situation, she blew up. There were a lot of women who was throwing themselves at him because of who he was and how big of a star he was becoming. They knew he was gonna be the #1 draft pick in the NFL. And Olivia just couldn't handle the pressure. He wish he would've ran after her when she left his dorm that day but how upset she was would've just made things worse. He ended up dating Rochelle to make Olivia jealous but what he didn't know, that only made it easy for her to go back to Asher.

TO BE CONTINUED