You gotta Live

Jordan walked in the room with Simone. They try not to wake him up but he was startled. "Hey" Spencer's voice tone was low. "Hey man... Sorry for waking you up" Jordan told him. "It's aight... I didn't really sleep. Just resting my eyes pretty much. Seeing her like this... It's breaking my heart" he was looking at Olivia, rubbing her hand with his thumb.  "Mrs. Baker broke my heart, too... I can't believe she allowed this to happen. How could she do this? How could she allow Asher's dad to pay her to keep quiet when her daughter was being abused? I'm so fucking sick... Look at her... She looks so lifeless right now and there ain't shit I can do about it. Our last conversation was... I was mean to her because I was so upset and, if she doesn't make it then I would never forgive myself" his voice was shaky. "She'll make it" Simone said softly. "How could you be so sure?... I have a game tomorrow, I'm not playing..." he told them. "You can and you will. It's what she would've wanted" Jordan told him. "You say that as if she's already gone" Spencer looked down. "To be honest, I'm losing hope" Jordan's voice cracked. "Sadly... I am too" tears were welling up in his eyes. "I'm not ready to say goodbye to her man" he started to break down. "Me neither." Simone agreed with both of them. She was losing hope as well but she knew she had to be strong for the both of them. "Enough you two. Olivia is going to make it. She is going to live. She's going to get help, she's going to be stronger than ever and you two need to believe that as well. Yes she's pale. Yes her body is ill. Yes she has bruises throughout her body. But she is going to be healthy in no time. This broken girl, is not going to last forever. We're going to see that smile again, we're going to see the Olivia Baker that I know" she told them. Spencer was crying. He lost hope, completely. To see the woman that he loves so broken, ripped his heart out. " Spencer, you know damn well she will want you to play. I know it's going to be hard because you're going to be thinking about her on that field. But play for her. Dedicate this game to Olivia. Whoop their asses and then bring your ass here to be by her side afterwards."

Spencer went home to take a shower. Meanwhile, Laura and Billy was at the hospital. "Still no sign of her communicating?" Jordan shook his head no. "How long is this going to take?" Laura was impatient. She didn't want to see her daughter like this. " I don't know mom, you tell me. How could you do this? How could you allow that man to pay you off so that his son could continue to beat your daughters ass and to do other shit to her? How could you?!" Jordan was furious and hurt at the same time. He couldn't believe his mother would do this to Olivia. The fact that Laura never had an issue with Asher and Olivia dating but had an issue with Spencer and Olivia dating cringes him. "Son now isn't the time—" Jordan cut his dad off "No fuck that" Jordan was angry. "Watch your tone son" Billy told him. "This is bullshit! If my sister dies I will hate you for life. I promise you that. She better live. I swear to God, she better live!" Jordan stood up and left the room with Simone going after him. Seconds later Grace walked in with D'Angelo. This is the first time that she was able to be at the hospital because of work. And because she knew that the immediate family needed to be there. She didn't want to interfere. Seeing Olivia like that disgusted Grace because this is not how things should be. "Wow.. she doesn't look like Olivia I know" she said. Grace rubbed Olivia's forehead before sighing. Laura was crying from the things that Jordan said. "My little girl needs to live" she cried. "She will" Billy comfort her. "I can't have Jordan hate me" she cried. "He doesn't.. I'll talk to him" he hugged her.

Finally when Grace and D'Angelo were alone in the room, she was able to say what she needed to say. "Olivia, this is your mother-in-law... Well... Could've been your mother-in-law if my son wasn't being so stupid. Seriously though, you don't deserve this. You are a beautiful strong black woman, who has done so much.. for you to be able to be treated this way disgusts me. I am truly sorry. I don't know the situation between you and your mother but, it's wrong. From what I heard it's wrong. And I know you and my son did not work out when you should have. He would've never treated you this way if you would've lasted" she started to get emotional when she held Olivia's cold hand. " I never told you this before but I'm going to tell you this now and I hope you hear me... I love you so much. I love you like you're my daughter.. if you was, I would be so proud of you. I am so proud of you. All the things that you have accomplished, you are such a phenomenal woman. I need you to fight, fight this. You need to survive because you cannot be remembered this way. There's no way... We need to see that beautiful smile of yours. Those beautiful bubbly eyes of yours. We need to hear your voice, your laughter, just your overall happiness. I need your knowledge. I need to be able to hug you and tell you directly that I love you. But I can't do that with you being like this so I need you to wake up, please" Grace begged before a few tears escaped her eyes. She turned and hugged D'Angelo who started comforting her. "She took the words out of my mouth. You're strong, kiddo. You got to wake up and bounce back from those demons that tried to destroy you" D'Angelo said. " I thought I could be strong, but I don't think I can. Seeing her like this..." Grace couldn't control the tears. "I know baby" he kissed his wife's forehead.

Spencer was headed to the hospital but decided to make a quick stop. He made a stop at the football stadium where he will be playing in tomorrow nights football game. He was thinking about the game. A few days ago, he was nervous about the game. But now he had no feeling about it. He could hear the fans right now, chanting his name because this is his home. But none of that mattered to him because he knew Olivia would not be that one fan to cheer him on because of her being in a coma. But Simone is right, she would want him to play. So he was going to give his all in tomorrow's game. Dedicating this game to Olivia Baker, the love of his life.

TO BE CONTINUED