Reunited

Spencer and Jordan were playing a video game while Simone was seated on the couch watching. "You guys take these games so seriously" she shook her head in disgust. "What's wrong with that?" Jordan asked his wife. "Oh nothing at all" she said sarcastically. Simone received a text message from Olivia:

I'm so happy to be able to have you as my sister in-law. Jordan made the right choice. I'm glad you didn't listen to me and Spencer when we tried to stop you in Vegas going into our senior year. I love you and hope that I'll always be in yours and Jordan's heart. Again, I love you sis.

"What the—" Simone was confused. "What?" Jordan continued to play the game with Spencer. She started to read the text. "I'm so happy to be able to have you as my sister in-law. Jordan made the right choice. I'm glad you didn't listen to me and Spencer when we tried to stop you in Vegas going into our senior year. I love you and hope that I'll always be in yours and Jordan's heart. Again, I love you sis." Jordan was confused "who sent you that?" Spencer looked at him "Bro who else was at y'all Vegas wedding?" Jordan finally realized "Oh yeah, Liv. Wait, she sent that to you babe?" He continued to play the game. "Yes, and I'm confused. It's like a goodbye text. I'm not understanding. Is she moving or something?" Simone was concerned. She tried to call Olivia but it went to automatic voice message. "I don't like this. I tried calling her and now it's going to voice messaging" she said. "Babe, just relax. Liv, goes through depression and anxiety—" Spencer cut him off "Still?" Though he didn't show it as much, he was also really concerned. "Yeah man, worse than before but Ash is helping her through it" he told his friend. "What if she's suicidal. What if she wants to die, Jordan" he finally paused the game. He was thinking about it before pulling out his phone to call her. "Spencer, nothing has been the same since y'all broke up. Her happiness went out the door" he looked down silently.

Olivia was able to sneak away. He didn't move a muscle. She was scared but was ready to make a sacrifice. She was making grits. She was told, if a man ever lays a hand on her then she needs to pour hot grits on them. It happened when Al Green was abusing his wife, it happened in Madea's Family Reunion when Lisa was getting beaten by Carlos, she was willing to do it. She couldn't take this pain anymore. Finally when the grits were heated up she was startled. "You're just making grits?" She turned around quickly, seeing Asher standing a few feet away from her. "What do you plan on doing with those grits?" She slowly motioned her eyes to the side ready to turn around quickly to grab and toss the stir pot at him. "Bitch you better fucking talk" he started to walk to her. The moment she turned to grab the pot he grabbed her, tossing her to the ground. "So you wanna play, huh? Well let's play" he pulled off his belt before leaning down, tying it around her neck, she was trying to take the pressure off by pulling at the belt. He dragged her to the bedroom while she struggled.

30 minutes later, Jordan was ready to go over to her house to check on her, including Spencer.  "I'm coming to" Simone told them. "Wait, Asher is calling me" Jordan answered his phone on speaker. "What's up man? Liv is sending weird messages to Simone" he said. "Bro, she committed suicide" Spencer felt his heart sank when he heard that. "I knew she was depressed but not like this. She tried to kill herself, we're at the hospital now" Jordan felt his heart sinking as well. "W-We'll be there" he told Asher before hanging up. "Let's go" he said to Simone. "I'm coming to—" Jordan stopped him "No, it'll start drama" Jordan told him knowing Asher hates him for ending his career. "I don't fucking care about him. I'm going for Liv" Spencer wasn't about to not see her. "Let him go, Jordan" Simone told him. "Fine, let's go" Jordan said with them leaving the house.

When they arrived Asher was seated in the ER. He stood up when he saw them walk in but he felt a little more rage when he saw Spencer. "What is he doing here?" Jordan ignored his question "How's my sister? Is she okay? Did they figure out what happened?" Asher sighed, shaking his head. "They haven't told me anything yet" Jordan and Simone rushed to the receptionist desk to ask themselves leaving Spencer and Asher alone. Spencer looked at him who couldn't look at him. Jordan and Simone walked back over "The doctor will be out to discuss everything with us" Simone said. Just like that the doctor walked out and over to them. "Here for Olivia Adams?" They all told him yes before he started to tell them her condition. "What we have here is a suicidal attempt. I found a mark around her neck, where I was told that you found her trying to suffocate her self with a belt" the doctor looked at Spencer. "I'm not her husband..." Asher was even more mad about that. "I'm her husband" he told the doctor. "My apologies. I also found drugs in her system as well. You was lucky, to find her so suddenly because she could be dead right now."

They were able to see her 30 minutes later. She was in bed sleeping when they all walked in. Spencer stood in the back while everyone was up close. When she finally opened her eyes Asher walked out. Spencer watched him before shaking his head. He's still the asshole that he last remembered. "Hey, Liv" Jordan rubbed her head. She was fragile while looking at her brother. "Don't worry, we're here. Mom and dad are on their way" he said to her. "I'm not dead?" Her voice was a little hoarse from the belt. "No sis, you're not dead" he said to her. "Everyone in this room loves you. We'll help you get through this" Simone added. Olivia was getting emotional knowing what really happened. He tried killing her. He strangled her with that belt. He pressed a pillow down on her face. He injected her with drugs. How is she alive? She looked down towards her feet where she saw Spencer. "S-Spencer?" He placed his hand on top of her feet "Hey, Liv" she really started to get emotional. "I'm sorry, Spencer. I need you to forgive me for hurting you I don't care what happened Im just so s-a-sor— told she cried before she gave herself a seizure. Spencer ran out, yelling "We need a doctor, please!" The doctor and nurses ran in with Jordan and Simone stepping out.

Spencer was stressing. Why was she so emotional about him? He didn't understand it. He didn't expect that reaction. It felt like a cry for help but why would it be when she's in love with her husband who happened to walk out when she woke up. Nothing mad sense to Spencer. Why would she commit suicide. Especially strangle her own self with a belt? After an hour they were able to see her once again. But Spencer didn't go. Billy and Laura showed up, he allowed the family to go. He didn't want to give her another seizure attack. Simone was right, she was different. She was fragile, he never saw her like this. Jordan walked out the room "you should see her, man" Spencer shook his head. "I don't want to give her another seizure attack.." he told his friend. "It hurts, seeing her this way" Jordan said. "Yeah...." Spencer trailed off. "She misses you though. She's asking about you. You won't give her another attack. Just go see her, bro" Jordan told him. He took a deep breath before walking back into the room with Jordan. "I'll call Asher" Laura said. "No..." Olivia told her. He couldn't come anyway, she told the doctor she didn't want him there. Laura was confused but decided not to since her daughter didn't want him there. Olivia looked at Spencer who was standing close to the door. He was silent. He wasn't looking at her. A tear fell down her face. The first time they should've saw each other again, should've been at the reunion. She didn't want him to see her this way. She wanted him closer so she held her arm over the bed with her hand extended. "She wants you Spencer" Billy snapped him out of his thoughts. He slowly made his way over. He took her hand feeling hers trembling. A few more tears fell. "I'm sorry" she whispered. He leaned down, kissing her forehead. "You have nothing to be sorry for, Liv" he said to her. "This isn't how I expected us to reunite...." she trailed off. "It's okay" he slowly wiped her tears.

TO BE CONTINUED