My Sister's Protector

"I miss you" he told her. "I miss you too" she cried. He pulled away from the hug, suddenly he started to lean down. "Spencer... I can't" her hand was against his chest. She looked down with tears welled up in her eyes. "Liv, what's going on" she shut her eyes tightly. "I gotta go..." her voice cracked. Spencer shook his head "Nah, I'm not letting you go home. You're not happy there . Everyone sees it, so what's going on?" As always, Spencer read her. After all these years, he still knows when something is wrong with her. "I just need to get home. He's probably wondering where I'm at and—" Spencer cut her off "Is he controlling?" She was silent. "Liv?" She looked at him with a tear falling "its none of your business Spencer" he stepped to her "you are my business" he gently wiped her tear with his thumb. "I want you to stay. I don't want you to leave" he looked into her eyes. "Please..." he caressed her cheek with her placing her hand on top of his. It's not every day where she gets to feel comfort from another man. A man who she truly loves. Spencer led her into the guest room, she stood near the door while he grabbed a shirt from his bag. He also grabbed a pair of shorts for her to change into after she showers. "Here you go" he handed them to her. "You don't have to do this. I'm capable of taking care of myself" he was a little confused "I know you are, just want to get you into some clothes after you shower" he said to her. "There's a towel already in the bathroom. I'll be in the living room, if you need me" he left the bedroom, closing the door behind him. She walked into the bathroom, placing the clothes down.

After her shower and getting dressed she walked out to the bed, sitting down on it. His phone vibrated on the night stand. She didn't want to be that person but she did it anyway. She grabbed his phone to see who was texting him. It was Rochelle:

Hey Spence. Long time no see. Heard you're in town, you should come see me so we can finish what we started ❤️

She was jealous all over again. She stood up, opening the door. "So you're still fucking her, huh?" Spencer looked up at her confused. "What?" He stood up with her slamming his phone into his chest. "You still fucking her" He read the message. "It's just a text. Clearly it states that we haven't seen each other in awhile. Why you trippin' we aren't together and besides you are married, remember?" She looked away. "You broke up with me because you didn't trust me. When you know damn well that I love you and wouldn't cheat on you" she looked up at him. "Well, you shouldn't. You shouldn't love me. And for someone who never did anything with her started dating her right after we broke up" she said to him. "Well I do love you. That'll never change, Liv. And I did that to make you jealous" he tossed his phone down on the couch. SHe noticed a mark on her arm. He slowly lifted her sleeve a little higher. "What happened?" She moved her sleeve back down. "I fell" she lied. "You really think I'm gonna fall for that old lie? I know you didn't fall. Is Asher hurting you?" She snapped at him "No, alright? Go fuck Rochelle and leave me alone" she told him. "For someone who's married sure is jealous" she entered the bedroom, slamming the door.

Jordan and Simone got home from their date "Liv is here" he told them. "Where is she" he pointed towards the guest room. "Jordan, we need to talk" Jordan stopped himself from check up on his sister to sit down next to Spencer. "What's up man?" Spencer let out a sigh not knowing how he was gonna say this. "I think Asher is putting his hands on Liv" Jordan looked at him confused. "What?" Jordan didn't believe a word he was saying. "Yeah, I know. Trust me but I saw a mark on her arm. She claims that she fell but I don't believe it. You and I both knows that's Liv is a terrible liar. She's lying man. She's covering for Asher. Why do you think she doesn't want to be around him right now? Why is she here instead of being with him? Think about it bro. She's afraid of him. We need to know if he's hurting her. I pray to God that he isn't" Spencer told him. "Did you ask her?" Spencer nodded "Yeah but she won't talk to me. But she'll talk to you."

Jordan waited a few minutes before knocking on the door. "Go away Spencer" Jordan opened the door "I'm not Spencer" she was silent. He closed the door and walked over, sitting next to her. "We need to talk" he told her. "About?" She was looking down, fidgeting with her fingers. "I'm gonna ask you a very personal question. One that'll make you feel uncomfortable. I need you to stand up, and remove your shirt" she was confused "what? No—" he cut her off "Now, Liv" he told her. "I can't remove my shirt.. because my ribs are bruised" she whispered. "It hurts to lift up my arms" she told him. "What happened to your ribs? Why are they bruised?" She was silent. Jordan slowly lifted her shirt from behind where he saw the bruises. Instantly he got pissed. "He did this to you and don't you lie to me" she was silent. "Olivia, you better answer me" she started to cry. Jordan hugged her gently "You're staying here from now on. I don't give a damn. You don't deserve to be treated this way and I'm gonna handle Asher" he told her. Jordan's blood was boiling. He already didn't like the idea of them being married because he felt like they rushed into it and she didn't love him like that to settle down with him. It was to get over Spencer. He pulled away from the hug and stood up. Olivia looked up at him. "Please don't tell Spencer. He will ruin his career by trying to go after Asher" she told him. "I won't... I'll handle him myself" Jordan said to her. She slowly stood up, looking at her brother with tears falling. "I want to kill him. For real. The things that he has done to me, I want him dead. And I want to be the one to kill him" she said to him. "Liv...." he trailed off. "No, Jordan. I'm serious. I can't sleep at night, I can't be happy, knowing he can come for me at any second. You can't always protect me. You have your family. I have nothing. He's probably looking for me right now and— if he finds me I don't even know what he would do to me" the more she spoke about it, the more angry her brother got. "He has another wife.. Vanessa, kids with her too. But if I look at another man he beats me then pees on me—" suddenly Jordan slammed his fist into the wall, making her jump. "I'm killing his ass my damn self" Jordan swung the door opener aggressively. "Jordan wait" Olivia called out. "Baby what's going on" Simone walked out of the kitchen with Spencer standing up from the couch. He headed for the door "Jordan, you good dog" he faced Spencer "you stay here with Liv" he said before leaving the house. Both Simone and Spencer looked over at Olivia. She turned around, walking back into the room, closing it from behind. "Maybe you should check on her. I have to leave to get the kids something to eat" Simone told him.

TO BE CONTINUED