Amnesia

Layla was grabbing food when she spotted Vanessa. She hesitated before walking over to her. "Hi" Vanessa looked up "Layla?" Layla nodded "Long time, no see...." Layla trailed off. "I know right? It's been a minute" she looked down blushing. "Yeah...so, anything new?" Vanessa shrugged "Just working... guess I'm single" Layla was confused. "You guess??" Vanessa nodded and began to explain. "Asher is M.I.A. I have no idea where he's at" Layla was so confused. "You and Asher were dating?" Vanessa shook her head "Married" Layla was even more confused. She thought Olivia and Asher were married. "Well.. Uh, hopefully he'll come home" Vanessa shrugged "I really don't care at this point. I'm thinking about filing for a divorce. He's been giving me sneaky vibes. I think he's not attracted to be anymore and I feel like he's cheating. I don't want to be with someone like that. I deserve better. I don't need to be treated like a damn option" Vanessa told Layla who agreed. "Maybe a divorce is best. Because clearly, he doesn't want anything to do with you. You don't deserve to be treated like an option. You should be the 1st choice and the only choice" Vanessa sighed. "Look, I know we weren't the closest in high school but if you ever need someone to talk to.. I'm your girl. I'll listen, I'll laugh with you, I'll cry with you, whatever you need" Vanessa gave her a smile before hugging her. "Thank you so much Layla. That means a lot to me" Layla rubbed her back "anytime, Vanessa."

Spencer had a tough decision to make. Sit out the remainder of the season, or continue to play and not be there for Liv. He was wanting to have the best of both worlds. Bring her along with him but he knew he couldn't. "You gotta make a decision. So what's it gonna be? Your career, or Liv?" Spencer knew Jordan was right. This has been Spencer's best season. He almost has the most rushing yards in a season. But if he decides to sit out the remainder of the season, he wouldn't break the record and his team might not make it further in the playoffs. He didn't want to let his team and fans down but also, he didn't wanna let Olivia down. So he decided to sit out the rest of the season. He rented out a condo so that he could stay at, so they could stay at. Jordan insisted her to stay with Spencer. He didn't want her staying with her parents after what their mom did. "Nice place.." she mumbled. "Thanks" he held her suitcase and his. "Now what?" She still didn't understand this whole amnesia thing. She was so confused. She knew it had to be true since everyone stated that she lost her memory. "We help you try to gain your memory back" he sat the suitcases down. "What if I don't gain it back, then what?" Spencer never thought that far. He honestly didn't know. He knew this would be hard. Just trying to get her to remember that they are actually broken up. "I don't know.." he trailed off. "Well, your mom said we broke up. That you cheated on me... is that true?" He felt his throat tighten, making him swallow hard. "Yeah but—" she cut him off "but what Spencer? I don't understand" she looked away trying to process it. "Rochelle slipped a date rape drug in my drink" she looked at him confused "Rochelle?" He nodded. " I didn't even remember any of it. All I remember was us fighting prior to that happening so I went to go study with Rochelle at her dorm room knowing it'll piss you off" she folded her arms, looking away. "But, Rochelle drugged me. Patience told me that Rochelle was known to do that in college" he said to her with Liv looking back at him. "Okay.. then why did we supposedly break up then?"

"Rochelle sent me a text stating last night was fun and you flipped out on me. I didn't understand why she sent that. All I remembered was bits and pieces but the more I thought about that situation after you broke up with me, the more I sorta remembered but I didn't understand how it happened and why..." she was silent. "Baby, I love you...." he knew this would be hard for her to process. She looked at him still confused. "I love you too but, I just don't believe this. You would never have sex with another woman. You love me too much. You wouldn't even step a foot into Rochelle's dorm room" she knew Rochelle has always liked Spencer which is why it confused her because Spencer knew as well. "I was just upset with you" he told her. "So going to another woman's dorm room knowing how that'll make me feel.. you did that anyway and telling me that you two had sex?" She raised an eyebrow looking at him waiting for a response. "I was drugged Liv. I wouldn't cheat on you, sober..." she stepped to him, placing her hand against his cheek. She started to caress it, staring into his eyes. "I don't believe you. If you're trying to push me away, you're failing miserably" she slowly leaned in, kissing him with passion. Spencer kissed her back but pulled away. He didn't think this was right. As much as he wanted to be with her, he knew this was wrong. If he brushes everything off because she doesn't remember, what kind of person does that make him? It won't help her remember anything. He would just be only lying to her all over again. "I love you so much" she rested her forehead against his, brushing his lip with her thumb. "And... I'm not going anywhere" he looked in her eyes before she kissed him passionately again.

Spelivia was laying in bed. She had her head rested against his chest. His arm was wrapped around her waist, he was silent. He was thinking "why did we just make love?" This is only making things hard for him. She traced his abs with her finger. "That was amazing. I could go for round 3" she giggled. "Is that so?" She looked up at him smiling "Heck yeah. I could never get tired of you making love to me" he gave her a soft smile. "But I am exhausted though" she rested her head back down on his chest. "You told me, you hated me" her eyebrows narrowed. "That's what you told me" she looked back up at him. "That's ridiculous. I could never hate you Spencer. You know that. Look, I don't now.. this just.. it doesn't make any sense. And I rather not talk about this" he sighed. "Liv, we have to talk about it. Not talking about it will only make it hard for you to remember" she got out of bed, putting her robe on, tying it. "Then I won't remember! I'm not about to lose you because I supposedly got cheated on or whatever happened between you and Rochelle. I don't remember it so I don't want to hear it. It is what it is. I am happy and I don't want anything to change that" she stormed out of the room with Spencer sighing once again.

Jordan and Simone came over later that day. The women were inside while Spencer and Jordan sat outside on the porch. "Man it's hard. She doesn't wanna remember it. She wants the topic to be left in the past basically and I can't do that. What kind of man does that make me?" Spencer looked over at Jordan. "This is definitely going to be hard Spencer. But you can't give up on the topic because she needs to gain her memory back. She needs to know what happened in the past in order for her to understand the present" Spencer sighed knowing he was right. "She just seems so happy right now man. I mean, we had sex. I didn't want to because I know this is not what she would've wanted prior to her being in a coma. But she just...." he shook his head. "That's because she's the Olivia that you dated in College. It's what she remembered. So she's going to be that girl that was in love with you. And it's gonna be really hard for you to sort of back off. You slipped up once by having sex with her, you can't slip up twice. It's not gonna help her gain it back. I know you want to be with her. And know you want her not to hate you but Olivia before she was in a coma hated you. She couldn't stand you because she blamed you even though she actually blamed herself but she blamed you. She needs to remember every single thing that has happened to her prior to being in a coma. Including what went down between her and Asher. That's going to be hard because he is dead. But we're just going to have to do whatever we can to help her remember."

Olivia was inside talking to Simone. "How are you feeling?" Olivia shrugged "head hurts a little.. body aches but my man made me feel better" Simone shifted her body before sighing. "Liv, as my sister.. I'm gonna tell you this" Olivia shook her head "Not you too. Look, if you wanna tell me that Spencer and I are not together or whatever... I don't wanna hear it. Because we are pretty much together after having sex not even 5 hours ago" Olivia told her. "Liv, it's true. Spencer and Rochelle had sex in college. You too broke up  because you were so upset. But come to find out, Rochelle drugged him" Olivia shook her head. "None of you make any sense. Spencer would never have sex with another woman. He would not even put himself in a situation to be drugged. He wouldn't go to another woman's dorm room especially a woman like Rochelle. I am happy and I'm going to continue to be happy with him" she stood up and left the room.

TO BE CONTINUED