Broken Promises

"Where are you going?" Laura stepped outside. "I'm taking her to the Cabin" Billy said. "Have you lost your mind?" Billy turned to Darla "can you wait in the car?" Darla slowly nodded before walking to the car. "Laura please—" she cut him off "please what? We don't know her and you didn't get Spencer's and Olivia's approval" he sighed "I know that but..." he trailed off "but what?" He looked over his shoulder at Darla who was seated in his truck before looking back at his wife. "She reminds me of Liv" he said. "How?" He sighed "clearly she's an addict and is searching for help. She might be clean.. who knows.. only she does. I remember seeing how bad Liv got, we both missed the signs and didn't pay much attention either. This woman came knocking on our door looking for a place to stay. And I know I don't know her but... I'm going to help her."

Olivia and Spencer were at the cabin. "I can't believe Simone would lie on me.. make me look like I'm messing around. Have she lost her mind? I would never cheat on you and I would never lie on her to Jordan" Olivia sat at the kitchen table. "I know Liv.." he said. "The fact that Jordan called me a skeezer" she shook her head "fuck them" Spencer was surprised by her choice of words but understood her disappointment. "You don't mean that" he said. "Of course I do. And what pisses me off the most is that I still hope they could work their shit out. They can as long as they leave me the hell alone" she said. "You don't mean that. Yeah what he said and what she did was wrong but I know you. You'll forgive them because you have a good heart Liv. A heart of gold. And you don't wanna lose neither one of them. Hell I don't and as bad as it sounds, she still needs us. I'm sure Jordan and her are done or at least for right now" Olivia shrugged. "Not my problem" she mumbled. "Liv, I know you're upset for her lying on you but she's still your best friend—" she cut him "best friend?! We're not best friends" she scoffed. "She fucking lied on me Spencer" she raised her voice. "I know that Liv. I was there but at the end of the day we don't know what went through her mind when she told him that lie. But the truth is out now. And no matter what, I know you would never cheat on me. Y'all gonna have to talk this out sooner or later" he said. She sighed knowing he's right "and if you think I'm not mad then you're wrong. What she did was wrong. She should've been honest from the jump. She shouldn't have brought you into her mess and he shouldn't have called you a skeezer. But all we can do now is worry about us. They'll come around eventually" she looked down sighing. "I know... I'm just so disappointed" she looked up at him with tears in her eyes. "I know baby" he walked over and leaned down, kissing her.

Jordan was packing Simone's clothes. "Jordan I am sorry" she rushed into the room to stop him. "Don't touch me" he said. "Look, I know I messed up and all but I still love you" he turned around to face her. "You love me? That's the biggest lie you have ever told. You don't love me" he shook his head, staring at her full of disgust. "I do baby" she was crying. "The fact that you lied on my sister and made me look like the biggest fool. I don't know this version of you. The Simone I married would never do this" he said. "I know and I'm sorry. I love you Jordan and I don't want to lose you" she cried. "It's too late. I'm done. You get your shit and get out" he said before leaving the room. "Jordan I'm not leaving" she followed him out the room. "I don't love him. It was a mistake. A stupid selfish mistake. Let me fix this, please. I'll go to counseling, just don't leave me" she looked down. Jordan turned around while standing on the steps. "I can't... you crossed a big line. I'm done" he slid his ring off of his finger, took her hand and placed it in her hand before turning around and walking down the steps. She fell to her knees crying "I love you Jordan Baker" she sobbed "I'm so sorry."

Billy pulled up behind Spencer's truck at the cabin. Darla sat up with a confused expression on her face. "Why are we here?" She looked over at Billy. "This is my daughter's boyfriends cabin" he told her. "Wait, your daughter is Olivia Baker?" He looked at her confused "yeah?" She was easily startled as she looked ahead. "I'll take the money and stay at a hotel. I can't be here" she said. "What? You said you don't want to be alone" he said. "I know what I said but I can't be here" she looked down fidgeting with her hands. "Why not?" Before she could respond a family voice yelled out from outside of the car "Dad?" Darla slowly looked up seeing Olivia causing her to swallow the lump in her throat. "Please... can we go?" Billy was confused by her actions. Her breathing was uneven. She wasn't ready to face Olivia. "Everything is alright" Billy said before getting out of the car. "Shit.." she mumbled. "What are you doing here and that's not mom in the car" Darla slowly opened the door and got out. Olivia suddenly was startled "what are you doing here?" Billy looked from his daughter to Darla "Hi, Liv..."

TO BE CONTINUED