Memory Lane

Jordan and Simone made sure to show up at the hospital once Laura wasn't there. They didn't want to hear her ignorant comments. "I remember being at the party Layla through for you and Liv. You was dodging me" Jordan laughed. "That was my wild days..." he trailed off. "I know. I remember your sister was trying to cover for you" he chuckled "As my sis should" Simone hit his arm playfully. "I couldn't thank her enough for helping you buy me a crib for Shay. She's such a beautiful person..." Jordan nodded "That she is. That's my best friend. We tell each other everything and she has the best advice" tears started to well up in his eyes. She held his hand "She'll make it baby" he looked down with a tear falling. Simone wiped it away before kissing him. There was a knock on the door, seconds later Coop and Patience walked in. "Well look what we have here. I didn't expect you to be in town" Simone told them. "When we heard about Liv, we postponed the tour dates. We need to be here for you and everyone else. Liv is family" Patience told them. "I appreciate it. My sister definitely needs love and encouragement right now" he looked at her sighing. "Where's Spence? I thought he'd be here" Coop said. "We're not cool with Spence" Jordan said coldly. "What? What happened?" Both Coop and Patience was surprised. "He cheated on Olivia back in college" they were shocked. "What? No way, Spencer would never" Coop defended her friend. "Well he did. With Rochelle" Patience remembered. "Oh.. well to be fair, it wasn't his fault" she told them. "How isn't his fault?" Patience started to explain. "Well if you get a date rape drug in you, it's easy to do things you wouldn't do sober" Simone and Jordan was confused. "Oh you don't know? Rochelle is known for drugging men. She was with Spencer, for him to not remember what exactly happened that night proves that she drugged him" Jordan felt a little bad for lashing out on him."Spencer would never cheat on Liv. Rochelle knew that so she took advantage of him that night" she told them. "I feel bad. I literally tried to fight him the other day.. I should've known he wouldn't do that to her. Spence loves my sister" Jordan sighed. "Yeah she does" Simone told him. Olivia eyeball moved a little before she slowly opened her eyes. "Oh my God" Patience said with everyone standing on their feet. "Olivia?" She looked at Jordan confused. She looked down and saw that she was in a hospital bed and began to freak out.

"Why am I in a hospital?" Her voice was hoarse from being in a coma. She looked down at the IV cord attached to her arm. "Liv it's okay. You were in a coma—"she cut him off "A coma? Get me outta here" she ripped the nasogastric tube out of her nose trying to get up. Jordan tried to calm her down as she whined and tried getting up but her body wasn't strong enough to actually move quickly. "Get me out of here" she cried. "Liv, babe it's okay" Patience rubbed Liv's forehead. "Spencer!" she sobbed. "I'm gonna call Spencer" Coop pulled out her phone. "I'll get a doctor" Simone left the room to grab the doctor. When Spencer received a phone call from Coop stating that Olivia was awake, he rushed to the hospital immediately. "Spencer" she cried, he got to her side. Olivia was hyperventilating. She had no idea what was going on. Why she was in a coma. She didn't understand any of it. "I'm here" he told her. "Why am I here? Can you get me out of here, please?" She was crying held out her arms. Spencer leaned down, hugging her. "It's okay Liv, I'm glad you're alive and when the doctors release you, I'll be more than happy to take you home." When he tried to pull back, she kissed him. Everyone was shocked. They didn't expect her to kiss him after everything that has happened between them. Their last conversation ended badly, so for her to kiss him was very surprising. He pulled back, looking at her confused. "I love you baby" she told him. He looked at Jordan and Simone who had no idea why she kissed him. Laura and Billy rushed in. "Baby you're awake" Simone rolled her eyes at Laura. "Mom I wanna go home" she told her. "I know baby, I know" Laura told her. "I-I have so much to do. I have a lot of homework to do and I can't afford to fail" everyone was confused. "What do you mean?" She was shivering a little "School. I have a paper to do by midnight" everyone was concerned. "Oh no.." Simone went and grabbed the doctor again.

"Olivia, do you know how old you are?" She was confused as to why the doctor was asking that. "Yeah.. I'm 18" it dawned on everybody, she lost her memory. No wonder why she kissed Spencer. She still believes that they are dating. Spencer was speechless, it now dawned on him that to her they aren't broken up. She slowly took his hand in hers, he loved the feeling of her holding his hand but he knew this was wrong. As much as he wants to be with her, he knew he could not pretend like nothing has happened. "Why are you holding his hand?" Laura slapped his hand away from her daughters. "Mom!" Jordan was irritated. "He isn't dating her anymore. You cheated, remember Spencer?" Olivia was confused "What? Mom, that's ridiculous. Spencer would never cheat on me" she took his hand again. "Keep believing that" she told him. "Now isn't the time" Jordan told his mom. "Olivia is suffering from Transient global amnesia. It is very common when someone wakes up from a coma that there are things that they do not remember. But it's short term, she could possibly gain her memory back with you guy's help. But you have to help her relive moments before her coma."

Olivia was sleeping with Spencer sitting by her side. Jordan and Simone were sitting on the other side of the bed. "Spence, I owe you an apology man. Patients told me everything. Rochelle slipped a date rape drug into your system, somehow. I should've known you would never cheat on Olivia..." Jordan felt bad. "Date rape drug? Sounds about right because I only remember bits and pieces.. I love your sister dog. I would never purposely cheat on her" he told Jordan. "I know man. Again, I am sorry" Simone was proud of her husband for being man enough to own up to his mistake. "What sucks is that I have to remind her about what happened. I can't lie to her. I can't pretend like nothing happened. How would that help her gain her memory back" Jordan and Simone knew he was right. "I don't wanna hurt her all over again..." he looked down. "We know you don't but we'll back you up Spencer" Simone told him. "Thanks.." he mumbled. "You have no idea how happy it made me when she held my hand. But that happiness left when I realized I have to tell her the truth. She won't believe me. So that means I have to keep convincing her about what happened.. Like what if she hates me like she told me she does before she went into a coma? What if the pain is 10x worse?" Spencer feared that telling Olivia about what happened with him and Rochelle would hurt her even worse than before she lost her memory. Yes he had a date rape drug slipped into his drink. But he knew Rochelle liked him. He shouldn't have been tutoring with her especially in her dorm room. He knows this is going to be hard to do. Because he has no idea how the outcome is going to be but he knew it was not going to be a good one.

TO BE CONTINUED